I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we bought a beautiful sable little girl. I didn’t do my research so was surprised to find my brown and white dog was turning cream with red ears.

however her stomach has remained brown (intermingled with full white hairs) and her individual hairs across her back and head - tipped brown then cream have started to turn brown again at the roots... anyone heard of this??

·
Registered
8 Posts
So we bought a beautiful sable little girl. I didn’t do my research so was surprised to find my brown and white dog was turning cream with red ears.

however her stomach has remained brown (intermingled with full white hairs) and her individual hairs across her back and head - tipped brown then cream have started to turn brown again at the roots... anyone heard of this?? View attachment 131099 View attachment 131100
I think because of the poodle gene they can change colour ? I’m not 100% in this but just what I’ve heard. Apparently they can fade. One of our family friends has a Cockapoo and they look a slightly different colour every now and then.

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
Molly is sable and generally the only sign is darker hair on her ears and tail where the hair is a bit longer. This was black when she was younger but is now a slate grey. She also has a slight marking on her back where the hair is slightly more grey than her normal blonde - this marking comes and goes with the growth of her hair

·
Registered
8 Posts
What a lovely colour . Our boy is sable , not really sure what his colouring will be as he grows . Any suggestions??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts