I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After seeing a lot of posts about dogs being neutered and their behaviour towards the wound I saw this 'onesie' type thing - it's like the one we bought for Pepper from Colin and Betty's vet (our vet just supply the Buster collar), but possibly cheaper (we paid £20 for a small)!

http://www.groomers-online.com/product.php/2394/karlie-safety-body

We made something similar for Ruby from an old t-shirt but the proper thing was much better, particularly at toilet time.

Ian

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I used a 18-24 month poppered baby vest for Lolly after her spay. The vet was happy that it was loose enough to let air to the wound. She only needed to wear it for about 3 or 4 days. A fraction of the cost. I think I bought 3 for £5 and that way Lolly could have a clean one each day and they were easy to wash.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Can I ask maybe a stupid question,
I take it these baby grows are for (babies)

Just wondering how did ye manage the toilet situation???
Only asking cause Tilly is getting done on tues and will def be getting one of these if ye found the toilet situation ok?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Can I ask maybe a stupid question,
I take it these baby grows are for (babies)

Just wondering how did ye manage the toilet situation???
Only asking cause Tilly is getting done on tues and will def be getting one of these if ye found the toilet situation ok?
I'm so glad someone has asked this as it's something I have been wondering.:D

When we first got Lottie I didn't give it a second thought when I was happily telling people that I intended to get spayed at 5 1/2 months....now it's getting closer I'm getting very worried about it.....she's still sooo tiny!!!!:(

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Yes they are baby vests with poppers. When I let Lolly outside in the garden I would quickly unpop the poppers and tuck the flappy popper ends inside the bottom of the vest so they wouldn't get in the way. We had no problem with the poppers.

Lolly was just 6 months when she was spayed. She only needed to wear the vest for a few days as she never really bothered with the wound but our vet was impressed with the vest saying as long as it's baggy around the tummy to let air circulate then its fine. I just couldn't bear the cone/lampshade!!!

·
Registered
720 Posts
The baby vests we used were cheap ones from a supermarket, a pack of three which came in handy because Rosie was still playing in the garden and they did get filthy, still got one unused. one on and one in the wash.
When she went outside to toilet re presstud the vest half way up her body to keep it out of the way, and we found you can presstud them either side of the tail. She is a lean dog so we had no problem with it rubbing or stopping air getting to the wound.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.