I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

So, we finally got ourselves a new baby (and that's exactly how she's treated - she's so spoilt!) from Janice at Jandaz in Wales (a long way from where we live!).

We had spoken to a few breeders but only got "the spark" when we spoke to Janice. She was hugely enthusiastic, very knowledgable, reassuring and willing to work with us to make sure we got the right puppy for us. She also makes sure that the puppies are tested for common hereditary ailments and are regularly seen by the vet in the first few months until they go to their new homes.

So, we knew what we wanted and as luck would have it, there was a puppy called Rachel that would be available in February - perfect :0)

We visited Janice's place and our feeling towards her operation didn't change - Janice's place felt like a warm and caring environment in which to raise puppies. The puppies were clean, groomed, confident and full of fun!

So Rachel became Sapphire, Saffy for short, and she is now nearly 6 months old and is a real bundle of fun. Her temperament is amazing, she's so gentle and loving - we really couldn't have asked for a better puppy. I never knew that dogs knew how to cuddle but if we pick her up, she has instinctively taken to putting her front legs round your neck and then snuggling her face down over your shoulder - so sweet!! She's very tolerant of our children, however boisterous or annoying they might be sometimes when they play with her. She's got the right attitude to strangers....she shouts a lot and is very wary of anyone she doesn't know but once she gets the idea that we're OK with the person she turns into a right cowardly custard, hiding behind our legs but then eventually accepting them and being very friendly!!

She took to toilet training quickly going out to her "patch" in the garden, the couple of accidents she's had have been our fault for not paying attention. We're using a crate for her to sleep in at night and any time we have to leave her at home alone. The first night was sad to hear her crying but after that, she's been as good as gold going to bed. She goes to puppy school and is a fast learner and she's very sociable with other dogs whenever she meets one.

To wrap this post up, Saffy has been a wonderful addition to our family and we are so pleased we found Janice at Jandaz and her lovely dogs as everything has worked out perfectly for us. Saffy has brought so much fun and unconditional love to our house and we feel extremely blessed and all our lives have been changed for the better.

Anyway, now to the best bit......................here are some pictures :0)

Enjoy, Martin and Hazel.

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Ahhhhh Saffy is scrummy ... had to look at the photos 3 times ...

Lovely to have you on the forum Martin, Hazel and of course Saffy ...

You will find a few Jandaz puppies on here :) maybe find some brothers and sisters too ... which is always nice ..

Enjoy the forum .. and great to read you are enjoying Saffy so much :)

·
Registered
330 Posts
Karen .. what was that .. number 3 ... I have the biggest smile on my face ... you are as cockapoo'ed as me .. I have always had a soft spot for Janice's Munchy .. are you getting a Janice puppy?
hi jojo,hopefully, a red, born yesterday. just been on :a dogs life:
OMG fudge is beautiful. guess what???? i want a choccy poo as well. I LOVE MY COCKAPOO's

·
Registered
247 Posts
Hi Martin and Hazel
When was Saffy born? Charlie is also from Janice, his brother is here but I know he has sisters and so I am just wondering....... Charlie was born on the 12th of December. His growing up pictures share a great resemblance to Charlie - see what you think !

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
hi jojo,hopefully, a red, born yesterday. just been on :a dogs life:
OMG fudge is beautiful. guess what???? i want a choccy poo as well. I LOVE MY COCKAPOO's
Aaagggghhhh JoJo screaming with excitement ... photos of your new born baby when you can please .. beg please .. a little red girl I guess .. what cool name will this Karen puppy have? .. yep you clearly are turning into me :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

Loobylou, Saffy was also born on December 12th :) we can definitely see the resemblance. It's nice to hear where the other pups went and we had a snoop at your photos - they're lovely.

A completely bizarre story, literally the day before we left to go to Wales to pick Saffy up, my 2 daughters and I were in our local pet store (in Essex) and saw someone with a black cockapoo. We got talking to them and it turns out they had got that one from Jandaz 2 years ago (Maisy I think the dog's name was) and they were about to pick up another one called Dandy - which we knew was Saffy's brother!!! When we spoke to Janice about it, it turns out these people didn't live anywhere near Essex. Now that was weird..........you couldn't make it up!!

Cheers, Martin.

·
Registered
247 Posts
How lovely! As soon as I saw the photos I had a feeling they must be brother and sister. Charlie is fabulous although he is terrorising the hedgehogs in the garden as we speak and he is not a happy bunny because I have bought him in :)
barney one of the boys is also on here but I didn't know where the other brother was. You probably saw Charlie at Janices as we had a nightmare collecting him with the planes and weather so he didnt come home until he was 11 weeks old. Saffy looks so big compared to Charlie but is absolutely gorgeous. Must admit when we are ready for poo number 2 I know where I am going although may travel by ferry this time :D

·
Registered
515 Posts
Hello and welcome Martin Hazel and Saffy:)
Lovely to meet another Jandaz poo,my boy Milo came from Janice as well! I wish I could hear from some of his litter owners,don't think they are on here:cry2: Never mind maybe Saffy's dad is Pablo and then I could claim her as Milo's half sister.She looks gorgeous

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.