I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I just remind you about the danger of the tags on collars? I know when we get puppies we read up on all the possible dangers, including tags getting caught, but I am sure we are not the only ones to relax a bit as our puppies get older.

Yesterday, I thought Milo had followed the cat into the utility which he often does, but while he was there I think he must have tried to get something out of his crate and the tags on his collar somehow got caught. As he struggled he pulled the crate which alerted me and I managed to free him but because he was panicking it was difficult to get the collar free.

I still don't really know how it happened, the bit it got stuck in was where the door closes and it would be difficult to get the tags in if I tried.

I feel really bad about it but just wanted to point out that these things do happen even though it seems unlikely. We were lucky and thank goodness Milo is fine (though not wearing a collar in the house) but I would hate anyone else to have it happen.

Andrea

· Registered
1,709 Posts
Poor Milo!
This is why we got the smallest sized metal tag for Vincent, although with his puppy training class he has to have one that shows our full address on, so we got one of those canister ones (the bright green thing, helps us see where he is! Although didn't help much on Sunday when him and Milo just wanted to play ;) ). It's thin and hopefully not too obstructive for him :(

· Registered
1,727 Posts
Hi Andrea - I am so glad that you managed to free Milo and he was ok. Our veterinary nurse said that they advise again wearing collars in the house as a puppy who was registered with them got caught on something whilst alone in a room and unfortunately didn't survive :( It is good that you have warned others about the possible dangers of wearing a collar indoors :)

· Registered
161 Posts
Good to know u were right to the rescue. I was warned when I got Milo's crate not to put him in it wearing a collar. Used to remember all the time recently been slacking since he rarely uses his crate as he's pretty much potty trained. This is a good reminder to never let ones guard down!

· Registered
2,870 Posts
That is such a good point as last night is the first night I forgot to take Biscuit's collar off before bed - mainly because his fur has got so long that I can't see his collar anymore. I had gone out for the evening so not in usual routine.

· Administrator
5,034 Posts
the indigo tags are fab, and they dont waire like some tags. Gypsy and Inca have had theirs for over 4 years and they are still perfect. they are the best practical tag.

· Registered
1,124 Posts
I went on the site and then didn't order because I needed to measure the width of Rosie's collar. And then I forgot all about it! I don't suppose you remember what size you ordered, Kendal? Four years ago:D

· Administrator
5,034 Posts
I went on the site and then didn't order because I needed to measure the width of Rosie's collar. And then I forgot all about it! I don't suppose you remember what size you ordered, Kendal? Four years ago:D
it was my mum who baught them we actualy have one sitting uspstares because she ordered the wrong size. at one point, it think it was when ordering Echo's. always handy for a bag if going on holiday i supose lol.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.