I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I brought home an adorable cockapoo a couple of weeks ago. She鈥檚 about 14 weeks old. Seems like she鈥檚 more cocker than poo... Her hair is mostly straight.. but fluffy. She.. sheds a good amount! I read here that she may shed less as she gets older.. hoping that be the case 馃馃徎. If anyone鈥檚 cockapoo looked similar to her as a pup.. I would love to see pictures as an adult!

Would it be okay to use a deshedding tool like the furminator considering her hair is more like cocker spaniel? I try to use a slicker brush but it doesn鈥檛 get all the loose hair out.
Thanks for any advice and pictures!
Dog Carnivore Dog breed Companion dog Toy dog

Dog Dog breed Picture frame Carnivore Companion dog

Dog Dog breed Chair Carnivore Picture frame

Dog Dog supply Carnivore Dog breed Companion dog

Registered
Furminators can be quite harsh and cut and thin the coat so I would just stick with regular brushing and combing for now to be honest and see how things go as your pup grows.

Gorgeous baby

Registered
Furminators can be quite harsh and cut and thin the coat so I would just stick with regular brushing and combing for now to be honest and see how things go as your pup grows.

Gorgeous baby
start brushing early and often. We can't brush our curly-haired nonshedding dog. She either hates it or thinks we are playing. We finally stopped trying. We also have to have her groomed every 6 to 8 weeks. You might end ou saving a lot of money. A very cute dog by the way.

Here is a couple of photos of ours - if you like them, I can send a few thousand more.
Dog Toy Dog breed Carnivore Water dog
Dog Dog breed Water dog Carnivore Mammal

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
start brushing early and often. We can't brush our curly-haired nonshedding dog. She either hates it or thinks we are playing. We finally stopped trying. We also have to have her groomed every 6 to 8 weeks. You might end ou saving a lot of money. A very cute dog by the way.

Here is a couple of photos of ours - if you like them, I can send a few thousand more. View attachment 131484 View attachment 131485
She鈥檚 so cute!!! 馃槏

Registered
They are both adorable....!
our Dexter is one year old and shed a lot when he was younger but has seemed to stop now...that's him on my profile pic. he is English cocker (trying to find out if show or working and poodle mix.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts