I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi whats happened to my lovely pup Ruby, returning from work yesterday she had ripped up two leather coasters. Today she has piled up all the cushions from the sofa in her bed along with the back door mat. Shes knocked over my standard lamp and chewed the rubber which holds the bulb in too.

Shes been great up till now? It this being a teenager or could she be coming into season, shes been sleeping loads more than usual. Shes asking to go out constantly but she cant possibly need a wee that often. Shes not swollen though.

· Registered
175 Posts
You dont say how old she is but I am guessing young? :)

I am sure people will suggest loads of good ideas to you but for now I can just suggest taking her for a decent walk before you go to work to tire her out a bit, give her a Kong, stuffed with goodies which will keep her occupied for a while.

The other thing is to get her either a puppy playpen or decent sized cage to keep her in while you are out, it not only helps protect your house but also keeps her safe - she could chew things that might make her ill after all.

Only other thing I can think of is that you dont mention how long you are out at work? If it is a whole day is there any way you can get back home to exercise your pooch at lunchtime?

· Registered
8,349 Posts

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Shes always been good as gold, I did crate train her and she stopped using the crate at 6 months old, shes 8 and a half months now. Ive always worked mornings since we have had her, door to door Im out 5 hours. I leave diffferent toys out and a kong stuffed with peanut butter and a biscuit each day. Then straight out for a walk when i get in. Not sure what else to do. i guess if it carries on I will have to start using the crate again but really dont want to.

· Registered
334 Posts
hi
maybe she has got into a routine of you leaving her when she has a kong and a biscuit so as soon as you walk out door she gets disruptive??
try changing your routine before you go out so she doesnt know she s being left so to speak
iused to put on shoes anc coat and boycie woyld know i was going out so i would put rubbish out and come back in take coat off he would settle then just pop out door with coat over arm
he used to associate my coat on with him being left!!!

0r it could be terrible teens if she just started doing it

trial and error

see what works for you

hope its helpful
marzy

· Registered
242 Posts
hi Kerry it sounds like boredom to me too, but also the start of the teenage rebel time! :eek: my wispa has taken to hiding her Kong so i cant leave her, or so she thinks! she also likes to chew the house phone too if i dont move it, little madam. dont tell her off and just tidy up and try to dog proof the room before you go out. easier said than do really! good luck

· Registered
3,583 Posts
Vary the toys you leave so each day she has a different variety of chews, toys and maybe if you can bear it a raw bone from the butcher.

Do you give her a big walk before you go off to work. She needs to be tired out.

If this doesn't work she may need someone to pop in for 30 mins half way through your day at work.

Every time I go out I tell Millie 'Back Soon', she knows she's staying in and that we will return.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.