I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I brought Rusty home last week and he is now 9 weeks old and settling in really well. No crying at night, good in the car, and hardly any accidents in the house.

I'm saying "Quick quick" when he does his business outside. Here's the thing... should I watch? He always turns and looks at me mid-pee. I know I'm supposed to be leader of the pack, but does he want some privacy for this - should I avert my eyes when he looks at me? Or should I maintain eye contact and say "quick quick" again? Also, do I say "quick quick" when he does a number 2 as well?

Thanks! :eek:

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
Lol at the moment he is looking at you for praze, just say good boy. when he is older he can go off and Do it in private if he wants. But he should have an issue with you watching him. you also need to be able to watch so you can see his toilet or if something is wrong straining etc.

you can use any command you want for pee and poo or use different commands.

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
Biscuit always looked at me like that but I used to give praise the minute he'd finished as I thought if I said I praised him then he'd stop mid-flow and run over for his treat! I used to keep looking at him though.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I had a dog once that wouldn't go for a number two if you looked at him!!! He would hide and peep round and if he saw you looking he would walk off mid flow lol!! Therefore I now avert my eyes when a dog goes to the toilet but look at the end and give praise :) I have no idea why, I just have got into the habit haha x

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?ic3zki

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.