I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just had our Bella spayed last Wednesday. Surgery went well, but I don't like the side effects of the pain meds. She is very nervous and jumpy, not like her old self at all. She will only sleep if she is on your lap. Did any body else have this kind of reaction?

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, I am sorry to hear that both of you are having such problems. We had her done at six months, our vet went by when she got her adult teeth. They also pulled some of her baby teeth that were in along side the adult teeth. The surgery went well, They kept her over night to keep an eye on her. Her incision looks really good. I just don't like the way she is acting after, I am sure it is the pain meds. I just want my playful puppy back. Melinda

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They gave her tramadol and rimadly. This morning she seems more like her old self. She is playing and not being so skittish. She does want to lick at the stitches more today. Last night I split the 1/4 of a tablet into an 1/8 and I think that is why she feels better, but like I said she is trying to lick it more. I am glad to see she is playing though. Thanks everyone!

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
It seemed like it was a good week and a half before Bella returned to herself. We did stop the painkiller Tramadol after about 5 days because she was having anxiety problems. She did have to wear the cone for the full 2 weeks until she got her stitches removed because she kept going after them. But now she is perfectly happy and playful again :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.