I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
43 Posts
Wish i could help her

Hi had coco spayed today :( almost wish i hadnt had it done ,she wont stop whining and is very uncomfortable .i think she desp wants to sleep but cant seem to lie down .anyone got ideas to help? She doesnt want to be cuddled

· Registered
43 Posts
Hi thanks for reply .i gave her hald a ibuprofen but she hardly slept and cant sit still :( shes exhausted but cant sleep.i expected her to be itchy but not this quickly or severley.i have phoned the vet and waiting for her to ring back

· Registered
43 Posts
hi again ,she really wont settle and hasnt slept and cant, bless her .my instinct says theres something else going on so am taking her back to vets.i dont think its the insision i think its her nipples :( poor little sausage i feel so bad for putting her through this

· Registered
43 Posts
My baby has clipper rash .she has some steroid cream and has had first dose.she is scratching a little less but she still wont settle.she hasnt slept since yesterday :( am going to give her piriton later and hope she gets some sleep .she just fell asleep standing up :(

· Registered
43 Posts
Thankyou the cream is def helping but i think its sooo sore that she will need a good couple of doses to get her comfy.have sent my son to try and find some aloe or vitamin e to put on between steroid doses. Fingers crossed

· Registered
43 Posts
Update coco is still not better i was awake with her all nite . She still cant sit or lie down .we have the vets again at 4 today and i really hope they take her in.i dont think she has clipper burn i think something is pulling/hurting her so she was scratching to alleviate that and thats what caused the redness :( she is trying to sleep upright . This is horrible :(

· Registered
43 Posts
Well we went And she has a slightly high temp so given antibiotics and a sedative painkiller that has done nothing.shes whining more than ever and still wont sleep so im going to take her to a diff vets morro.vet said stitches may be pulling a little but my coco is a tough cookie so im not convinced :(((((((

· Registered
43 Posts
I am pleased to report that my baby has turned the corner.i think she reacted badly to the injection yesterday .i gave her a bit more piriton than i did the first time and she finally managed to sleep.shes been playing with her toys in the garden so fingers crossed . I feel so bad for putting her through that but i think in the long term its better for her

· Registered
43 Posts
She is now yes.i think shes being wary because i keep hiding her medication in it lol.she still isnt keen to lie down but when she walks she is defo pulling her legs up less .i would say shes at 70% today which is awesome :) x

· Registered
43 Posts
lots better

well my lovely little coco is at about 80 % now .she is eating and drinking and playing again.Her nipples are still sore and she was nibbleing and licking alot this morning so im off to get her a cone later ,shes going to love that NOT lol.i spent the first night in my own bed last night since sunday so i feel loads better and have managed to stop crying now.that really was a horrible couple of days and she obviously didnt deal with the operation well.i read lots before she had it and i think we were just unlucky.but back to normal now.She even slept back in her crate last night :) .thankyou to everyone who gave me advice i really really appreciate it xxxxxx

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.