I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Administrator
5,034 Posts
gypsy waa bad but anastgetic lasted a long time with her. she wasnt right for a couple of days. the others were all fine.

once a bitch has has a season you must wait 3months before she can be spayed.

we were given no pain mex with any of ours, we just gave half an ibuprofin every 4or6 of hours i think.

· Administrator
5,034 Posts
Keyhole would be great, poor Flo has a long 3-4 inch incision. They can be spayed before first heat - some are done as early as 8 weeks - or midway between first and second heat. In UK some vets won't spay before first season as they say the dog should mature properly, as was the case with Flo.
wow 8 weeks is way too young for any opperation not desined to save their life.

all my girls were done 5months or 6 months Delta is almost 7 months so we need to get her done soon want to book her in for this week.

· Administrator
5,034 Posts
Hi had coco spayed today :( almost wish i hadnt had it done ,she wont stop whining and is very uncomfortable .i think she desp wants to sleep but cant seem to lie down .anyone got ideas to help? She doesnt want to be cuddled
give her a wee half ibuprofin. have done it with all 4 or my girls. she will be fine, the anathetic might also be in her system, by tomorrow she should be a littl more herself.

· Administrator
5,034 Posts
Hi thanks for reply .i gave her hald a ibuprofen but she hardly slept and cant sit still :( shes exhausted but cant sleep.i expected her to be itchy but not this quickly or severley.i have phoned the vet and waiting for her to ring back
Delta was very restlis the first night, you cna give her a wee pititon to help with the itching.

· Administrator
5,034 Posts
aww poor girl. Echos stitches were a little tite when she was done but the others were all fine.

its a very simple opperation, but you know your own dog and when somethings not right with them.

· Administrator
5,034 Posts
I am pleased to report that my baby has turned the corner.i think she reacted badly to the injection yesterday .i gave her a bit more piriton than i did the first time and she finally managed to sleep.shes been playing with her toys in the garden so fingers crossed . I feel so bad for putting her through that but i think in the long term its better for her
glad to hear things are looking up. is she eating ok?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.