I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

· Registered
43 Posts
My baby has clipper rash .she has some steroid cream and has had first dose.she is scratching a little less but she still wont settle.she hasnt slept since yesterday :( am going to give her piriton later and hope she gets some sleep .she just fell asleep standing up :(

· Registered
43 Posts
Thankyou the cream is def helping but i think its sooo sore that she will need a good couple of doses to get her comfy.have sent my son to try and find some aloe or vitamin e to put on between steroid doses. Fingers crossed

· Registered
2,192 Posts
Shes has a severe reaction the vet said.is making me very nervous about getting her clippered for summer now though :(
But remember when they spay they shave them to the skin, when you get her clipped by a groomer they should use a comb attachment on the clipper blade to leave around half to 1 inch of fur so the blade won't touch the skin and shouldn't cause a clipper rash.

· Registered
43 Posts
Update coco is still not better i was awake with her all nite . She still cant sit or lie down .we have the vets again at 4 today and i really hope they take her in.i dont think she has clipper burn i think something is pulling/hurting her so she was scratching to alleviate that and thats what caused the redness :( she is trying to sleep upright . This is horrible :(

· Administrator
5,034 Posts
aww poor girl. Echos stitches were a little tite when she was done but the others were all fine.

its a very simple opperation, but you know your own dog and when somethings not right with them.

· Registered
43 Posts
Well we went And she has a slightly high temp so given antibiotics and a sedative painkiller that has done nothing.shes whining more than ever and still wont sleep so im going to take her to a diff vets morro.vet said stitches may be pulling a little but my coco is a tough cookie so im not convinced :(((((((

· Registered
1,760 Posts
We are all feeling for you and hoping you get it sorted out. We love our dogs so much it is really hard to see them sick or in pain. I think you're right to see another vet and hope that Coco will be on the mend soon :hug:

· Registered
43 Posts
I am pleased to report that my baby has turned the corner.i think she reacted badly to the injection yesterday .i gave her a bit more piriton than i did the first time and she finally managed to sleep.shes been playing with her toys in the garden so fingers crossed . I feel so bad for putting her through that but i think in the long term its better for her

· Administrator
5,034 Posts
I am pleased to report that my baby has turned the corner.i think she reacted badly to the injection yesterday .i gave her a bit more piriton than i did the first time and she finally managed to sleep.shes been playing with her toys in the garden so fingers crossed . I feel so bad for putting her through that but i think in the long term its better for her
glad to hear things are looking up. is she eating ok?

· Registered
43 Posts
She is now yes.i think shes being wary because i keep hiding her medication in it lol.she still isnt keen to lie down but when she walks she is defo pulling her legs up less .i would say shes at 70% today which is awesome :) x

· Registered
1,760 Posts
Really pleased she's improving. We always feel guilty when we put our babies through surgery, especially when there is a problem like you've had, but she will be through this in a few days and then it will all be for the best x

21 - 40 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.