I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

· Registered
43 Posts
lots better

well my lovely little coco is at about 80 % now .she is eating and drinking and playing again.Her nipples are still sore and she was nibbleing and licking alot this morning so im off to get her a cone later ,shes going to love that NOT lol.i spent the first night in my own bed last night since sunday so i feel loads better and have managed to stop crying now.that really was a horrible couple of days and she obviously didnt deal with the operation well.i read lots before she had it and i think we were just unlucky.but back to normal now.She even slept back in her crate last night :) .thankyou to everyone who gave me advice i really really appreciate it xxxxxx

· Registered
1,655 Posts
I have not heard of the keyhole method, but Maisie had umbilical hernia corrected at the same time. She was spayed 2 days ago and is also very subdued and clingy, and cried in the night. She had couple of milk teeth removed too, but it is obviously her spay wound that is hurting her most.

I was given painkiller and antibiotic (to prevent infection after removal of teeth). I guess it will take a few days for them to be feeling more human (!) again.

Just as well they only need it done once!

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
It seemed like it was a good week and a half before Bella returned to herself. We did stop the painkiller Tramadol after about 5 days because she was having anxiety problems. She did have to wear the cone for the full 2 weeks until she got her stitches removed because she kept going after them. But now she is perfectly happy and playful again :)

41 - 51 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.