I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I'm so happy to find this forum and I am hoping to get some good advice on how to help my poor dog. He has horrible skin problems! :(:(

He is licking until he is raw and has lost a considerable amount of hair on his side. He also has alot of mucus coming from his eyes that gets stuck there. The poor thing has lost his long eyelashes because of the crusty gunk. Please send any advice you can!

·
Registered
9,920 Posts
http://www.bitterapple.com/

is something you can spray on him that tastes bad, so that he will stop licking himself...as for his eye, if it is bad I would take him to a vet to get some drops.

i have heard of people using Polysporin e eydrops on their dogs, but I would reccomend a vet.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Have you been to the vet? You'll need to figure out what the allergies are so you can change things up. Could be food/environmental. Once you know what it's from you can do some things about it!

I'm so sorry about your boy! Poor guy!

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
how old is your dog
how long has this been going on for
what has your vet said
have you had any skin tests done for mites
what food is he on, some breeds have alergys to wheet that cause skin iritations, on e of the best foods to solve this is a brand with no wheet or a raw diet.

·
Banned
1,872 Posts
how old is your dog
how long has this been going on for
what has your vet said
have you had any skin tests done for mites
what food is he on, some breeds have alergys to wheet that cause skin iritations, on e of the best foods to solve this is a brand with no wheet or a raw diet.
I totally agree with Kendal. Take your vets advice. Dogs can have nasty reactions to all cereal it would have no bad effects to try a totally natural diet for a few weeks. Helen told us of a brilliant web site that delivers it all pre-prepared and delivered frozen to your door. www.naturalinstinct.com.

Another product that will soothe raw skin is Tropiclean Oxy-med solution available from rlpetproducts.co.uk it will not stop the cause but should give some relief in the short term while you get a cure sorted.

Hope he feels better soon.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Get him onto a grain free food and see if that helps. Sounds like he's allergic, grains are the most common ones so if they're in your dogs food I'd start there.

A vet visit is a good idea for his eyes!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts