I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone...we brought Bertie home on Saturday at 8 weeks. He has settled in really well but he sleeps a lot especially when the kids are at school. He seems to be exceptionally laid back to the point of dopey! Does have his active times but they are short. Eating and pooping well. Any thoughts? My last pup was a Polish Sheepdog 13 years ago...he was 10 weeks when we got him and he was wild.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Hi Catriona, crazy woman from dunbar here! Puppies do sleep about 16/17 hours a day I think, I'm sure there will be more experienced owners who'll be on to reassure you though. I'm sure if he's eating and pooing well, and having active spells he's fine :)
Was your previous dog a Polish Lowland? We had one 20 years ago....

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm not experienced but yes puppies do sleep alot! Barney is very laid back in the day while my son is at school. He has his moments, he'll wake for about an hour, chew anything he can find, dig up the garden and then he'll lay down and sleep for what seems like hours! I was feeling guilty thinking he could be bored but after reading up a lot I have come to the conclusion that he is being a typical puppy!!

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
I'm not an expert either but we've found that for every hour Vincent is awake he snoozes for about 1-2 hours.
The pooping, eating and chewing thing is a common feature of a cockapoo! :p

He's started to sleep through the night, so about 7-9 hours (phew!) so he's becoming a lot more active during the day.

·
Registered
Obi, Roo & Poppy
4,159 Posts
The sleeping is perfectly normal. If I were you I would enjoy the sleeping phase as much as possible because in a very short time your sleeping angel will turn in to a mischievous little monkey, in to everything and causing trouble!

Clare
x

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Perfectly normal sleeping I would have thought. All I can say is enjoy it while it lasts, George slept alot for the first few weeks and now he is a lune lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi there. He was a Polish Lowland and completely hyper as a pup...we have twins and I found him harder work than two babies! Bertie is just so easygoing...younger and a different breed I suppose.
Thanks for reply.
Catriona

1 - 8 of 8 Posts