I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i hope i have put this in the right place.
peggy is 7, and very much my girl, we did have another dog, who died when she was 1 yr, and i have had a tibetan terrier come to stay here a few times, for a few days.
she has been a star with murphy, as you can imagine has come in and turned ours and her life topsy turvey. well a couple of times, when i have been making a big fuss of her, sitting on the floor, he has come up to join in, and she has really told him off, which i completely understand, i have dealt with this by gently moving him away with my other hand, telling her to be good , but not letting my hold on her go, i watch to see when her mood has passed then let her go where is is once again fine with him, and will play straight away . does it sound as if i am doing the right thing? should i stop cuddling her where he can come up and try to be part of it? i never tell her off when she does this, as she has always been my girl, and 99%of the time is an angel with him, and has been so kind to him.

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
If im honest this happens with me , 4 cockapoos all wanting cuddles at the same time. echi often gets a bit gowly as she is my gilr and even if im cuddling one of tgem she will mussle in.

if she gets growly its her i removev and give affection to one othe the others. she needs to learn she doesnt own me. and she is getting better.

you if she growls i would move her back.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If im honest this happens with me , 4 cockapoos all wanting cuddles at the same time. echi often gets a bit gowly as she is my gilr and even if im cuddling one of tgem she will mussle in.

if she gets growly its her i removev and give affection to one othe the others. she needs to learn she doesnt own me. and she is getting better.

you if she growls i would move her back.
thank you for your advice,
as she has been so good , and lets him have her bed, look in her food bowl once she has finished, i thought i was doing the right thing by letting her have some fuss without him muscling in? she still has one walk a day without him, and it is not always me who takes her, perhaps if i gently move her away, make a fuss of him ,a nd then ask her to join us? i really want to get this right, as want them to live in dog harmony together,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.