I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very recently forum member mandye asked for advice on having two puppies,i have been in touch with mandy the last few weeks,the puppies are gorgeous and mandy and i have so much in common,mainly our love of dogs though.Anyway mandy made the difficult decision to rehome one of the puppies and on sunday i will be travelling to wales to pick up bow,she is a red f2 american and utterly adorable,miley will be sulking because she wont be the only ginger puff( our nickname for miley lol).I will post lots of pics when i get back xxx

·
Registered
25 Posts
it was a very difficult decision, i think i asked the world and there wife for an opinion on raising the two girls. But after much soul searching i know this is the right choice as both girls will now reach there full potential.I have been very lucky that all of poppys babies have found amazing homes where they will be loved. I will always miss bow,as i do the others but thankfully all of the pups new parents are on facebook so have been able to keep in touch and watch them grow. However a trip to scotland may well be on the cards! lol look forward to seeing you on the weekend.x

·
Registered
25 Posts
she is fab isnt she, you will have to get sarah to post more photos for me! hope she is still behaving. I know was very lucky, bruno was so handsome, poppy was smitten they certainly made amazing babies....just wish i could have kept them both. wouldnt have been able to do it without your mums help and support. thank her for me. xx

·
Banned
1,872 Posts
I will have 9 although i have 2 boys in guardian homes,i do feel very lucky,its a dream come true for me xxx
Hi Mandy - I have spoken to a guy who wants to breed Cockapoos from Scotland and he mentioned having a selection of his dogs in "Guardian Homes" - sorry this is new to me - please could you explain what this is and how it works ????

Stephen x

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
Hi Mandy - I have spoken to a guy who wants to breed Cockapoos from Scotland and he mentioned having a selection of his dogs in "Guardian Homes" - sorry this is new to me - please could you explain what this is and how it works ????

Stephen x
Hi Stephen I read about this just the other day on a labradoodle breeders website 'Lisa's Miniature Labradoodles' under the pups available section.
Jane x

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Stephen x
They live with my friend although my other new boy( who i havent got yet) will stay with me,i just didnt want more than one entire boy in the house as it would cause problems.The ones that live with my friend at the moment are first and foremost her family pets but i have the breeding rights,i pay for their boosters and any vet bills,they pay for food,treats etc. xxx

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I might also add that i dont agree with females being in guardian homes.In america they put females in guardian homes than take them back to mate them and keep them from the end of their pregnancy until pups are weaned then return them to their owners.They do this up to 4 times in the dogs life,i think this is unsettling for the dog and that guardian homes should only be for the males xxx

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Hi Stephen I read about this just the other day on a labradoodle breeders website 'Lisa's Miniature Labradoodles' under the pups available section.
Jane x
Oh no, that is dreadful, poor wee bitches - imagine being so near to whelping and being taken away from your home and the people you trust, and who love you, to have your puppies in a stranger's house, just so they can call the pups "home reared". It is scandalous!
When we did the CCGB Inspector training at Wood Green, our trainer was emphatic about the importance of the bitch being in familiar surroundings.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.