I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
More often than not Millie gets asked if she's an x dog. Occasionally people get it right and I'm as thrilled as they are :)

So far she's been a

Schnauzer
Tibetan Terrier
Bearded Collie

Naturally she also gets spotted as a cocker spaniel but people aren't quite sure.

What do your cockapoos get mixed up with?

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
lol

i depends who i have, if i just have Gypsy and Inca and its just in passeing then i get "aww look poodles"
Echo get the tibetan all the time
i just get asked what Delta is. but i had a woman come up to me when i had all 4 and she asked if they were tibetans as she said they lookind like her tabetins.

a woman at training on thursday said they looked like a breed that no one had said before but i cant remember what it was, i said what they are normaly mistaken for and she said "oh not tibetans are compleatly different" i think she was thinking tibetan spanial rather than tibetan terieras se had a tibetan terier that had a lighter colour than Delta and we have one that looks like a short fat Gypsy

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
When Beau was a bit smaller people would say is she a Shih Tzu or a Lhasa Apso but now she is bigger she gets mistaken for a Labradoodle puppy! When I tell them what she is most say "a Cocka what"??? At the All About Dogs Day we went to at the weekend every Cockapoo owner came up to us and said "is she a Cockapoo" so we obviously know our stuff lol! The strangest one was "she looks like a Build A Bear" toy! :D

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Yep Poodle has been mentioned once ...

Many just say .. wow are they COCKAPOO's... I want one :) :)

I just get in there first and explain the cross if someone looks puzzled ... ha ha ha I am a bit of a chatterbox!!!!

I do like a cockapoo chat :)

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
People often ask if Betty is a tibetan terrier puppy. A few people have asked if she is a cavapoo as someone's exact words were "well i thought she was too small for a cockapoo". I heard someone confidently tell their friend the other day that Betty was a French poodle - not sure how this differs from any other poodle!!!

·
Registered
369 Posts
50/50 Poodle and "is it one of those doodle things!"

When we first got Eddie we met a couple with two black Standard Poodles and they immediately thought he was a Standard Poodle puppy, but he did have a Poodle hair do then! He looks more like a Cockapoo now :)

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Doodle thing... well I am pleased I get in there first and tell people what breed my dogs are .. I wouldnt take to kindly to my cockapoos being called a doodle thing ha ha ha ...

I actually don't care what people call them .. I am the lucky one that gets to have cuddles with them every single day xxxxx life is good with a cockapoo...

Honey is trying to type with me ... she can't get any closer :) :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
I always get asked if Rio is a Cocker Spaniel, but then he isn't as curly as some of the cockapoos on the forum so it doesn't bother me. He looks like his mum, only one of the litter of 8 had the curls. Mostly I just get told he is really beatutiful so I'm happy enough.

·
Registered
242 Posts
im often ask if wispa is a spanish water dog or a irish water dog :rolleyes: as soon as i say no she is a cockapoo they say how they wondered what one looked like! lol

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What a huge variety of x dogs. I had no idea.

JoJo you are absolutely right, we are the lucky ones to get the cuddles every day. I left Millie this afternoon for all of 45 mins. You wouldn't belive the greeting I got on my return, I don't think she could get any closer wrapped around me. Some how I will have to record it and post it on here :D

·
Registered
369 Posts
im often ask if wispa is a spanish water dog or a irish water dog :rolleyes: as soon as i say no she is a cockapoo they say how they wondered what one looked like! lol
There are a couple of spanish water dogs that live near my mum and we thought they were Cockapoo's at first until mum asked the owners!

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
There are a couple of spanish water dogs that live near my mum and we thought they were Cockapoo's at first until mum asked the owners!
there is a Portugese water dog i see a lot in Windsor and we always joke that they look like a little and large combo as they do look quite similar!!

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
I saw a spanish water dog pup and thought it was a cockapoo.
Mable has once been likened to a Old English pup and twice I've been asked me if Wilf was a dogue de bordeaux x

1 - 20 of 51 Posts