I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

So worried!! Is she poorly?...and no poo??

2K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Ali79 
#1 ·
I am really worried today!! After a night of crying all all the way through (probably because she pooed early on in her crate in the night). Blossom seemed to be doing well no crying in her crate during the day (she was put in twice for an hour).
I have noticed she is constantly licking her lady bits??? Is this normal or something wrong? Also since the night poo there hasnt been a sign of another and I keep taking her outside and asking for poo poo:confused:
Blossom has seemed much quieter today and her last 2 - 3 naps this afternoon have been on her bed in the kitchen because she has just been laying there being good so I didnt disturb her to put her in her crate.
This isnt naughty puppy behaviour is it? Do you think something is wrong or am I being paranoid?:confused:xxx

#2 ·
i wouldnt panic, is she eating and drinking, was the poo she did normal ? give her atleas another 24 hours if your still concerend then maybe call the vet and ask their opinion. but i woukld give her a couple of days as long as she is eating and drinking ok.

#5 ·
BLOSSOM JUST POOED!!! WAHOOO:) Thats one less worry...I have to pray she doesnt soil in the crate again tonight as the last two nights its been smudged in and flicked all over the place!! Eating and drinking well. Im popping into the vets tomorrow to book jab so I will ask about the licking. Thankyou all so much, it would be alot harder doing this without this forum. I appreciate all of your advice.xxx:)

#8 ·
She is just over 7wks and this is our 3rd night tonight. She has really livened up since her poo and is chewing crazy worse than normal!! and scrabbing the floor, is that normal? Ah she has calmed down on my lap now so will try crate her for an hour.
How many poos do puppies have a day...Iam feeding her 3 times a day? Thankyou.xxx

#11 ·
Hi Julie, yes i do. i have divided her crate to make it smaller so the is enough room for her bed and a section of the puppy pad. it was nice and neat on the pad the first night but last nite on her bed, squidged and splattered. i know not to expect too much as she is still such a baby and doesnt understand commands yet. thankyou for your advise i really apprecaite it.xxx

#12 ·
Hi Ali, thankyou for your advise. Hope Beau is still on the mend and your daughter has had a good weekend. Lilya is fine thankyou but seem to suffer with quite alot with night time nose bleeds. She is over the moon today as she has discovered her first wobbly tooth!! lol.xxx

#15 ·
Hi Tammy - Beau is great thanks and the lump on her neck has definitely shrunk which Mandy (Flo's Mum) said would happen :D Madeleine is having a great time though just text to say she is soaked but at least the sun shone all day yesterday :D Poor Lilya - I used to get a lot of nose bleeds but haven't had any for years thank goodness. First wobbly tooth is always a big excitement when you are young - when you are older it is a bit different ;) Hope everything goes well with Blossom over the next few days and Beau used to eat grass when we first got her as I think she thought she was a sheep but didn't do her any harm :D Good luck for tonight :D XX

P.S. When she has settled in practise walking her around the garden with her collar and lead and she will then be used to wearing it for when you can take her out :D XX

#13 ·
I bought a metal playpen type thing along with my crate. This opens out into any shape you like. I attach one end to the crate, and the other at the end of the dining room, so she has her crate, and then a long safe enclosed area with puppy pads at the far end. She sleeps like a dream, poo's & wee's on the pads & we have never had to get up in the night!! This also gives her a good playroom when we have to leave the house. i would highly recommend this!

#14 ·
That is such a good idea but I have real wood floors and think the wee would just dribble down the cracks and make the house smell lol. I have let her roam around the kitchen when Im in there doing stuff rather than keep her enclosed in the crate if she is not tired...I have also put puppy pads down and she chooses to ignore them and wee elsewhere if I havent got her outdoors in time.

Is it ok for puppies to eat grass and weeds in the garden? Im paranoid that she shouldnt before her first injection and dont want to poison her but I would love her to run free (she hats the collar and lead).xxx

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.