I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

Soon to be a new owner

5K views 23 replies 14 participants last post by  Pollypiglet 
#1 ·
Hello

I just wanted to post my first message and say hello to everyone. My name is Andrea and I live in the West Midlands. We will be collecting our new puppy - a red little girl American toy cockapoo from Janice in Wales on January 27th. I am excited and a bit nervous at the same time. There are so many things to learn in caring for a puppy. We had a cat for 20 years so this is a whole new ballgame. I'm sure I'll find this site enormously helpful in the coming months.

#2 ·
Hi Andrea

Welcome to the forum :welcome:

Such exciting news - you must be over-the-moon. We all love Janice's red pups so there may be a few green-eyed monsters on here ;)

My name is Turi - my partner Marcus and I are hoping to get our first Cockapoo at the end of Feb. Litter was due yesterday but no news... yet!

I love this forum - friendly and full of good advise.

Turi x

#3 ·
:welcome:
Hi Andrea! How exciting for you - where in the west midlands are you? I'm from Birmingham although now live in Guernsey. I'm also having a red american from Janice but not until the end of Feb and we are having a boy. I wonder if they will be related?
We are in the same boat, we had cats and I grew up with a dog but it was an adult rescue, so the puppy game is all new for us as well. I am really excited but also want to make sure I do everything right.
There are loads of friendly people on here with really good advice and tips or just fun conversations. I'm sure they will be all posting a hello soon! :D

#4 ·
Hi Andrea ... ahhh a little red .. the red cockapoos are very popular at the mo .. we will want to see lots of pics .. your breeder Janice is a member on here too & she will be thrilled you have joined .. you may even find some puppy siblings on here too ... I am really happy for you, Cockapoos are the best :)

Enjoy the forum and lots of friendly cockapoo chat xxx

#5 ·
Hi, We are collecting our puppy from Jandaz on the same day as you!!!

Like you I am so excited but scared to death at the same time!! I always had a dog as a kid but that was a very long time ago and Mum did all the training.

We are having Lucy Locket to be renamed Lottie as my & year old daughter is called Lucy!!! Lucy Locket is an American cross toy...I'm not sure what colour you would call her....maybe Apricot White????? Janice if you read this...what colour is she????

#11 ·
Hi Tina
It's great that you are having a puppy from the same litter. We are having Toto but are going to call her Bo (my daughter said we should spell it Beau but I think Bo cuter). There were 4 girls in the litter I think - Josie, Lucy, Lola and Toto. It will be nice to compare notes on their progress. I bet I get the naughty one!

#15 ·
Welcome to the forum. The red pups are absolutely gorgeous.
My husband and I are also soon to be owners. There is a strange balance of excitement and nerves in our house too. :D We're busy getting quotes to replace the fence panels in the garden to puppy proof and buying all those puppy essentials, which is keeping us busy while we wait.
2012 will be an exciting year!

#16 ·
Ahh you have sisters .. that is so exciting .. you must stay in contact on this forum and share all your stories with us .. lovely reds xxx

I love being in contact with Picnic's siblings ... I know Eden, Ruby and Bongo are on here and I love it .... plus Ollie & Tilly with different parents but were all bred by Debra too ... lovely puppies and all raised so well .. credit to their breeder of course :)

#18 ·
Sorry JoJo, that post wasn't very clear was it?! Doh. We're on the JD waiting list, I'm watching thier website like a hawk at the moment!

Thanks for the links to your blog. I spent a lovely evening a few months ago, with vanilla latte in hand reading through your fantastic blog. Its a credit to your hard work. :D

I did spend a few hours on my hands and knees crawling around the house looking at the world from the height of a puppy..... hubbie thought I was losing the plot I think!

#20 ·
Julie .. you have me giggling here .. dont worry about the crawling on all fours ... we have all done it ..

I recall having our newish carpet pulled up and replaced with laminate flooring when I had my first puppy coming home lol .. yep extreme puppy proofing ha ha ha

Thank you for the lovely words about My Dogs Life, so pleased you are enjoying it ... I love sharing my experiences and research with others, and my cockapoo friends who contribute by sharing amazing stories and diaries with readers (thanks you all so much) .... hope the latte was good :) :) I fancy one now ...

when are you expecting puppy news ???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.