I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, my name is lisaand we re-homed our gorgeous now 1 yr old cockapoo called Sophie last September. She is a cider colour which I believe is very unusual!!! My children adore her. My only problem is she is a very very fussy eater and will only eat chicken, and tinned butchers tripe and no hard nibbles, have tried about 8 different varieties, any help would be grateful.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum. Please post some pictures of Sophie, it would be nice to see her unusual colouring. :)

As for the eating I am confident you will find many suggestions on here but would generally say it seems to be a bit of a common trait in young cockapoos, they can be fussy and people try each and every type of food going. It gets eaten for 3 or 4 days then not anymore. My dog used to be like that but since neutering he eats well. So try not to worry too much, I have never heard of one becoming ill through not eating. :)

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
My Izzie has always been a fussy eater, she just grazes, but my youngest Poppy is very greedy haha, I wouldn't worry, apparently dogs never let themselves go hungry, cats apparently do, so don't think it's a problem :)

Welcome to the forum! Would love to see some pictures :)

·
Registered
8,349 Posts
Photos of Sophie please .. pretty please :)

Ref eating, many cockapoos can be fussy eater or not big eater, mine are not big eaters at all, love their treats ... they are fed dry food Barking Heads ... which I am very happy with .. I would always recommend keeping a record of her weight, as she is 1 years old you may like to weigh her once a month just to make sure she is staying a steady weight.

If Sophie is not liking any of the dried food you have offered her, you may like to try a wet food diet ie Natures Diet, Natures Menu, Applaws etc ....

Dont forget the photos of your lovely girl .. enjoy the forum xxx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.