I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have just had our cockerpoo jo jo spayed yesterday, and she is very sad and uncomfortable, I wish I had known before that some vets do it by key hole surgery, well worth looking into does anyone know how long she will feel unwell.

cheers val/jo jo

Attachments

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
You'll be happy to know that I cant properly remember.... so no lasting effects... I think Mable was quiet for a good 4 days just happy to lie and rest, did nt need to discourage her from being too active, which i was really surprised about. Then over the next week just gradually returned to her normal self... she did nt appear unwell just not as active. Good luck hope JoJo is ok and back to normal soon. Have you seen Rosie s thread ... you can compare notes x

·
Registered
9,920 Posts
Lady was quick to recover, the worst part was the cone that she had to wear for two weeks....she was ready to play by the 4th day but it was rough with the silly cone. Hope she feels well soon!

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Hi Val,

Thanks for your post on my thread. I hope Jo-Jo is doing okay. Rosie sends her sympathy. Our vet just kept her in till 3.30pm (we dropped her off at 8.30am) and so she is back now, still under the influence of the painkillers they gave her and with some that we can give her from tomorrow. She is due a small dinner sometime soon, but I have given her some little bits of kibble and she seemed very happy with that. Basically, she just seems quite sad and quiet, but still my Rosie. To be honest, I'm not desperate for her to get back to normal too quickly because she can only go for on-lead walks for ten days and anyone who was at the PooFest on Sunday will know that Rosie likes to be off-lead tearing about like a mad thing. It's going to be difficult...

I hope Jo-Jo perks up soon.

Louise x

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Yes that was the worst thing when Dylan was castrated because he was barely affected by the op but I had to give him just short lead walks for 10 days instead of his usual off-lead romps. It was a long 10 days.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Betty was very quiet for 5 days and would barely get out of her bed then on the 6th day was completely back to normal like nothing had ever happened!!

Am sure Jo-Jo will be fine in a couple of day.

x

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Ahhh hugs to JoJo .... Sorry Val I have no experience of spaying but above advice is excellent .. she may be quiet for a few days, lots of girly hugs and cuddles .. poorly little lady xxx

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hi louise
Thanks for your reply and i am so pleased rosie is doing so well . mind you jo jo is such a baby so i don't expect her to be any different. She's stretched out on a bean bag and not moving for any one.Rosie seems such a character so hope you are back to normal soon.

luv Val/jo jo

1 - 8 of 8 Posts