I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our Cockapoo is 18 weeks old now and we have been wondering at what age should she be spayed - the vets suggests 6 months old but after the operation to keep her from jumping up - ha, fat chance of that, Millie is like a coiled spring and is constantly jumping up and flying round the garden like a fully wound up clockwork toy on steroids!! Is she a typical Cockapoo ? - has any member had this as a problem to deal with, if so what age would be best.
Thanks
Julie

·
Registered
478 Posts
My vet will not spay until after the first season. I guess it depends where you live on when it can be done. HA yeah Millie sounds like a typical Cockapoo puppy with the full energy etc :)

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Vets differ in their opinion on this. Mine told me to have Bonnie done before her first season. As for keeping her still, impossible! She was dive bombing onto Dexter off the sofa minutes after coming home! I was so worried but fortunately she had keyhole surgery which heals much quicker.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
My vet also suggested before Lexis first heat. And she only stayed still the night of the surgery. The only other tine was when she was asleep. It didn't help that Beemer recovered from his surgery right away.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts