I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
Hi yes Dexter is old enough for these bars. Thery are brill for young puppies as nothing gets broken off and they are durable (pretty much indestructable) and excellent for teething puppies to take their frustrations on :)
I would go for the small.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
We've had one since we got Saffi home but she hadn't really taken to it. We tried soaking it overnight - that didn't work. We tried dipping the end in honey - that didn't work. But then she hasn't started chewing or nipping yet... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
368 Posts
Gisgo (now 16 weeks) has had one for a few weeks. At first he was not very interested but he likes it much more now. It has roughened up a bit and the "outside layer" has worn away in places which seemed to make it more attractive too him. So if dexter does not like it to start with then I recommend trying to file it or scrape away some of the darker outside bit. Money well spent.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I've given Olive one since she was 8 weeks, but she has no interest in it. She'll chew it for a few seconds if i hold it, but then she stops. Her favourite things to chew are pig ear strips and bull "parts". I can't remember what they are called at the pet store, but they are the private parts of a bull and that makes me giggle!

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Stag bar ordered & also picked up some Good Dog Beef Jerky in Sainsburys.

I've heard about the bull 'parts' !! Cesar Millan uses them alot !

Reactions: JoJo

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dexter is in love with his stag bar :D:D:D:D
It was instant attraction - more so than any toy to date. I am sooooo pleased. Maybe I'll get things done around the house now !!!

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
Stag bars are great - once they manage to break into them. We've only had success with one and it got him brilliantly through teething. However, he won't touch the other two I've bought recently, so I think I'll try breaking into it a bit more.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.