I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is the best place to get them from and what age can they have them from, thanks

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
They can have them from whenever...but needing teeth to really chew them... I am in Canada so I can't help you with where...we get them at a doggy boutique

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thankyou everyone, just another question , what size is best for George he's nearly 15 weeks

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I ordered 2 small ones, they haven't arrived yet, will report back when they do!

·
Registered
582 Posts
I have 2 happy little ladies here chewing on their Stagbars:) They arrived today,got small,so glad i did as they are perfect size for 14 weeks old,nice Y shaped antler bit too:D Im liking the Stagbar!:twothumbs:

·
Registered
263 Posts
I have 2 happy little ladies here chewing on their Stagbars:) They arrived today,got small,so glad i did as they are perfect size for 14 weeks old,nice Y shaped antler bit too:D Im liking the Stagbar!:twothumbs:
Thanks for that! Great to know. Our local pet shop sells them and I was waiting to see what everyone's verdict was before I splashed out. They're more expensive than on line but by the time I pay postage it'll even out.
Pip X

·
Registered
582 Posts
Thanks for that! Great to know. Our local pet shop sells them and I was waiting to see what everyone's verdict was before I splashed out. They're more expensive than on line but by the time I pay postage it'll even out.
Pip X
Hiya,at first they werent that interested,then i put a bit of honey on half of it,and they licked it off and left them,so i put them in their crates(the stagbars!) and tonight they have got one out and are loving sharing it,so dont be put off by the initial reaction,they seem pretty solid so i think they may last a while too x

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
They are a great, long lasting chew aren't they - pleased I bumped the original thread back up as a few of us 'found' these a few months back :D:D:D Some dogs don't take to them but they seem generally to something that most dogs enjoy.

I was searching for other chews and treats today and almost shrieked in dismay when I picked up one packet and found that the treats were not only made of animal and meat derivatives (not a good sign) but also contained 'sensory additives' :eek: - the mind boggles.

I think I'll stick to cheese, frozen peas and dried lambs liver so I know exactly what Flo is eating.

·
Registered
582 Posts
They are a great, long lasting chew aren't they - pleased I bumped the original thread back up as a few of us 'found' these a few months back :D:D:D Some dogs don't take to them but they seem generally to something that most dogs enjoy.

I was searching for other chews and treats today and almost shrieked in dismay when I picked up one packet and found that the treats were not only made of animal and meat derivatives (not a good sign) but also contained 'sensory additives' :eek: - the mind boggles.

I think I'll stick to cheese, frozen peas and dried lambs liver so I know exactly what Flo is eating.
Cheese and Peas....!! Thats what i feed Pixie as training treats,oh and she really LOVES Origen as a recall treat....will be doing lots of recall to get through my massive bag though! But i think the Stagbar is great,funny how things come in waves,everybody is ordering a Stagbar now! I think they look really cool too much more en vogue than a manky old pigs ear,was actually thinking they would look nice hanging from string around my fireplace:D

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Cheese and Peas....!! Thats what i feed Pixie as training treats,oh and she really LOVES Origen as a recall treat....will be doing lots of recall to get through my massive bag though! But i think the Stagbar is great,funny how things come in waves,everybody is ordering a Stagbar now! I think they look really cool too much more en vogue than a manky old pigs ear,was actually thinking they would look nice hanging from string around my fireplace:D
If you get a couple of the forked stag bars you can always take them off Pixie at Christmas and put them on the mantlepiece with bells on :D

Flo also likes origen kibble as treats. Cheese is her all time favourite though. She escaped out the front door yesterday and stood in the middle of the road staring at me defiantly until I screamed 'cheeeeeeese' at the top of my voice at which point she hurtled back at 100mph - the neighbours think I'm nuts, might work on renaming 'cheese cubes' so they are called 'come back here right nows' :eek:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Rocky got out the front door a few days ago...poor postman didn't stand a chance, he flew at him like a furry missile, everthing flying and wriggling, every bit of him squealing "love me love me, i'm a cockerpoo!!!" Of course, the postman is only human and he complied. I had no chance. I need CHEEEEEEEEEEEESE!!!! :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts