I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Cider has been toilet trained for quite a while and he is doing very well. We had lots of dry mornings, but when he wakes up in the morning, he doesn't seem to be able to hold his first wee and does it in the kitchen in front of the back door. We let him out before we go to bed around 10 or 11pm and come down about 6.45h in the morning. Lately he knows I won't greet him as usual, he sits then in his bed and I just let him out in the garden, while I clean up. Only after he gets his morning fuss. Any advice how to crack this?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Since nobody answered on my thread, I give you an update on Cider's mornings. I started going downstairs a little earlier and then stretched it slowly to the normal time and so far it seems to work. There was no wee in the kitchen for some days now. I give him a big fuzz and make also praise him hugely when he is doing his wee outside :)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Since nobody answered on my thread, I give you an update on Cider's mornings. I started going downstairs a little earlier and then stretched it slowly to the normal time and so far it seems to work. There was no wee in the kitchen for some days now. I give him a big fuzz and make also praise him hugely when he is doing his wee outside :)

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Hi Sabine and sorry I haven't been replying to many threads as Beau has had meningitis and boys tend to be a bit different to girls as they can do an excited wee :eek: My Brother has a Patterdale Terrier and when he greets us (not always first thing in the morning mind) he is like a fountain which is fine because we know him and step back but can be a bit embarrassing with strangers :eek: Glad you have managed to find a solution and Poos definitely like a lot of praise lol

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Sabine and sorry I haven't been replying to many threads as Beau has had meningitis and boys tend to be a bit different to girls as they can do an excited wee :eek: My Brother has a Patterdale Terrier and when he greets us (not always first thing in the morning mind) he is like a fountain which is fine because we know him and step back but can be a bit embarrassing with strangers :eek: Glad you have managed to find a solution and Poos definitely like a lot of praise lol
Hi Ali, I hope Beau is all healthy now again? This is the second case of meningitis on this thread, isn't it. It must be so hard. I wish you all the best and really hope Beau is okay xxx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.