I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Super Moderator
4,753 Posts
Apologies in advance as I am often clumsy with phrasing things - but what are his walks about and what does he most enjoy doing in the world? It can be possible to overdo the training and by doing that sap all the joy out of the walk whereas what you really want to do is have fun together and him value time with you making you a realistic alternative to the fun he is seeking with other dogs.

So things like playing tugging with you, teaching a couple of things like hand touch and spin which he can enjoy doing, using a long line on fields and playing short games like you running from him trailing a tugging toy, or throwing a treat for him to find, once he has found it recall him and thrown another in the opposite direction.

Once you have established some fun together find somewhere you can see other dogs in the distance, let him watch but as soon as he turns attention to you play like you have never played before as he has turned away from another dog to choose you. The more he does it the more he will be able to and then you can start to work on it closer and closer

· Super Moderator
4,753 Posts
I would look for Biothane as it does not get wet and cleans really easily and probably 5 metres is plenty to give him a bit of freedom without the line causing you too much hassle. Always use attached to a harness not a collar. The person I usually get them from is having a few weeks to catch up on orders so not taking any new ones on at the moment

1 - 2 of 2 Posts