I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi :)

A few weeks ago, Archie discovered the joys of rolling in cow poo (joy!) He reeked, it was all over him - even in his ears :confused:

Anyway - off he went for 3 baths to try and get rid of it. We got the poo off but he still smelt like a dairy! He had a bath the next day and still smelt :mad:

He went to the groomers last week and had a good summer clip. Today he's been out in the rain a bit and now smells like a very pongy dairy, again!!!

Any advice on how to get rid of this particularly odious odour???

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
well they say tomato sauce or ketchup for when a dog has been sprayed by a skunk...maybe it could do the same thing....I have no idea other than that...but good luck.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No idea, I thought fox poo was bad, but sounds like cow poo is worse :D

Bet your lovely cockapoo is sooo pleased with himself :) I know Millie is chuffed to pieces when she finds fresh fox poo.
I have heard that fox poo smells vile and is a b!tch to get rid of, so thankfully Archie hasn't discovered that yet :D But yes, he is incredibly pleased with himself when he rolls ... he looks properly happy when he does it, silly puppy!!!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Last time Teddy rolled in cow pats he was totally green, you would think that they would learn that rolling in smelly things gets themselves a bath.

I'd try at least 3 table spoons of bicarb. I have heard of using it dry as well, straight on the coat, sprinkled on like you'd use it to freshen the carpet.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
His sister likes to eat cow poo but hasn't discovered the joys of rolling in it yet! Yuk!
oooh - I have photos for you, on my work computer, which isn't terribly helpful for now is it ha ha ha! I must set myself a reminder to mail them to you tomorrow :)

Archie is a fussy eater, it's all we can do to get him to eat his normal food - he's not a particularly food motivated dog :( I wish he was as I enjoy treating him :)

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Last time Teddy rolled in cow pats he was totally green, you would think that they would learn that rolling in smelly things gets themselves a bath.

I'd try at least 3 table spoons of bicarb. I have heard of using it dry as well, straight on the coat, sprinkled on like you'd use it to freshen the carpet.
Ha - not use Shake 'N' Vac then :D :D :D

Archie was the colour of bile (vivid yellow!) it's the smell that gets me though - it lingers everywhere he goes, poor chap :)

·
Registered
342 Posts
oooh - I have photos for you, on my work computer, which isn't terribly helpful for now is it ha ha ha! I must set myself a reminder to mail them to you tomorrow :)

Archie is a fussy eater, it's all we can do to get him to eat his normal food - he's not a particularly food motivated dog :( I wish he was as I enjoy treating him :)
Not at all like his sister in that respect then! She loves eating!

Look forward to seeing the photos. Hope you had a good long weekend.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Chester's discovered the pleasure of rolling - last week he rolled in something, think it might have been badger poo, that wasn't as stinky as fox but not pleasant and it was the same day as his Advocate so no bath. I put the Pet Head dry shampoo on as a last resort and he just smelled of blueberry and poo instead - not a scent combination I can recommend!!:eek:hno:

·
Registered
Obi, Roo & Poppy
4,159 Posts
This thread has made me laugh...why do they always do it on the day when they can't have a bath! :eek: It's like they know and they are laughing at us...who wants to cuddle me now! :p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.