I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Im, Jaspers mum At 5mth old we have started to think our little boy Jasper may be a imposter! Has anybody got a straight haired CP? we love him and he's our little boy and it doesn't matter but whenever we are out nobody knows what he is and everybody's CP has curls and looks totally different to ours..:ilmc:

·
Registered
4,158 Posts
Yes there are some on here with a straighter coat and they are all lovely Cockapoos. Lolly, Lola and Honey are just a few of Poos that I can think of off the top of my head. Some of the straighter coats develop more of a wave or a slight curl when their adult coat comes in around 7-9months. I think once you bond with your puppy you'll love them no matter what they end up looking like.

·
Registered
11,625 Posts
Hey I'm the proud mummy of Lola Bear who had a very straight coat when we first got her, now at 7 months old she is developing a lot of curls and tufts! Her face has remained smooth. I will post a link to a thread of mine for you!

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
Oh how I'd love a straight haired Cockapoo right now... Molly's gonna need shaved !!!

Her coat is a bloomin nightmare..it has more holes in it than a golf course :eek: :rolleyes:

Deary me

xxx

·
Registered
11,625 Posts
Oh how I'd love a straight haired Cockapoo right now... Molly's gonna need shaved !!!

Her coat is a bloomin nightmare..it has more holes in it than a golf course :eek: :rolleyes:

Deary me

xxx
Hahahaha hilarious! Molly is terribly terribly gorgeous though! Holes and all! Xx

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
Oh Ruth It's honestly shocking just now. I picked her up from my parents who had her for a week with the way my shifts were and I remarked on the bald patch on the side of her neck!! :eek:

They said "where".. Desperately trying to cover up where they'd been at it with the scissors :rolleyes:... Think they were dreading my return!! :D

I however am also forever snipping lumps out here and there ... Every day :rolleyes:

xxx

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
I'm with you Mairi! As much as I love the look of Biscuit, his coat is very high maintenance and I really appreciate that Honey is more likely to be easy maintenance.

Honey started off with a very thin coat that is gradually starting to get thicker and a bit wavier. It is fairly slow growing. I have snipped off all her wispy ends today, that felt wiry and she feels fleecy/silky. Although she has a slight wave, her coat lacks the thickness and volume but that may change. However, as much as her coat was a bit disappointing to start with, I am really loving it now and can really see the benefit of less maintenance in the future. Although a few people have said 'but she doesn't have any curl', nor do a lot of other CP's at her age but they generally have more volume, which I think is the bit that makes her look different.

Clare is right, you love your little bundle no matter what and she has the sweetest disposition! x

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
Definitely hang on! It was only because Honey's cobwebby bits felt so rough that I had to cut them off. I had Biscuit cut at 24 weeks and regretted it as he had such a gorgeous fluffy coat. It all goes too quick! x

1 - 20 of 40 Posts