I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Dylan is 5 months now and a very adorable pampered puppy. He is the noisiest dog I have ever known and has a repertoire of barks for every occasion. But the strangest one is when he is excited or playing madly, when he gives a kind of loud, resonant baying noise - sounds more like a hound! He lifts his mouth upwards and almost purses his lips and gives a wooooooooooo noise. Does anyone else have a cockapoo that does this? When we take him out with the ball launcher he does this pretty much all the time! It's hilarious if a little wearing at times but I can't figure out where in his breeding this comes from.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Dexter howls when he is playing with his toy lamb or toy skunk that squeaks. He purses his lips like you said and howls.Like a little puffy wolf. It is hilarious. He gets so into his howling sometimes that we have to snap him out of it and that is hilarious too. We call it "the call of the wild".

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pleased to hear that I'm not the only one! It is funny - they just seem to be so excited that they can't express themselves any other way. We have a ball-launcher that we use on the local fields to give Dylan some extra exercise, and when we use that he howls almost continuously - he loves it so much. Recommended for entertainment value! Do you have any idea which parent that comes from? I thought only hounds bayed like that!!

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have no idea where it come from because like you said, it doesn't seem in character for either breed. It really is like they are so happy they have to howl! Love it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts