I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

Strange barking??

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  merry 
#1 ·
Hi, Dylan is 5 months now and a very adorable pampered puppy. He is the noisiest dog I have ever known and has a repertoire of barks for every occasion. But the strangest one is when he is excited or playing madly, when he gives a kind of loud, resonant baying noise - sounds more like a hound! He lifts his mouth upwards and almost purses his lips and gives a wooooooooooo noise. Does anyone else have a cockapoo that does this? When we take him out with the ball launcher he does this pretty much all the time! It's hilarious if a little wearing at times but I can't figure out where in his breeding this comes from.

Discussion starter · #3 ·
Pleased to hear that I'm not the only one! It is funny - they just seem to be so excited that they can't express themselves any other way. We have a ball-launcher that we use on the local fields to give Dylan some extra exercise, and when we use that he howls almost continuously - he loves it so much. Recommended for entertainment value! Do you have any idea which parent that comes from? I thought only hounds bayed like that!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.