I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't believe it Oakley got stung again this afternoon :(
He was in the garden with my son & was sniffing the grass when he came running back in squealing. I checked his mouth which made him squeal more but realised he'd been stung just under his nose, which I then confirmed when I noticed the sting still stuck in him :eek: I had to swaddle him in a blanket to subdue him & then removed it with tweezers. He then calmed down & allowed me to touch the area so I bathed it with vinegar & gave him some ice to eat & used some as a compress. He had a nice sleep & then woke up back to his usual self, although he's having another snooze at the moment.
I just hope that these things don't come in 3s :rolleyes:

·
Registered
Obi, Roo & Poppy
4,159 Posts
Oh dear, poor Oakley! At least you knew what to do this time. Have you checked if there is a wasps nest in your garden? We kept getting loads of wasps outside my sons bedroom and of course they came in every time the window was opened. Turned out there was nest the roof cavity right above his window. Called someone in to deal with it. Joust a thought :confused:

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Clare. I don't think we have a nest as there only seem to be a few wasps. I just think we were very unlucky!!
Hope Obi is doing well today XX

·
Registered
897 Posts
Poor Oakley. We get really nervous with wasps as we had such bad experiences with our last dog Zeus. He got stung a few times as a puppy ... Never realised a German shepherd could look like a sharpei.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Poor Oakley! Sending him a kiss from Benji. Poor Benji got a smack in the face from me this morning. He got behind me when I was throwing tennis balls for him. He yelped and I felt awful!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hope Oakley is better now, bless him. We have my partners mums golden retriever staying with us at the moment, while there other girl dog is in season. Monty (the retriever) is really good with Ozzy, although he is about 20 times his size (Monty is a huge dog). Ozzy insists however on trying to bite his tail or his fur, while Monty never reacts. That is until he accidently stands on him, which makes Ozzy yelp and give up- for a very short period of time. I hope the season ends soon lol xx

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Buddys been stung twice also ,wasps are a nightmare! well done though im not sure Buddy would let me anywhere near his nose.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
omg I think the wasps know something D: A wasp flew into the house this morning when we let Vincent out. Vincent was a brave boy and barked at it!! My boyfriend eventually waved it out the house while I was pretty much crying under the table :cry2:

Vincent has proven himself quite a spider catcher too! Spiders don't bother me and we've been having GIANT ones in the house recently. Vincent jumps on them and then eats them :eek:

·
Registered
853 Posts
Hope Oakley is better now, bless him. We have my partners mums golden retriever staying with us at the moment, while there other girl dog is in season. Monty (the retriever) is really good with Ozzy, although he is about 20 times his size (Monty is a huge dog). Ozzy insists however on trying to bite his tail or his fur, while Monty never reacts. That is until he accidently stands on him, which makes Ozzy yelp and give up- for a very short period of time. I hope the season ends soon lol xx
I HATE wasps! Poor Oakley! Glad he is ok though. I was looking after my dad's cocker whilst he was away in the summer and he came out of trees with approx 30 wasps on him and yelping and squealing. My partner grabbed a tea towel (without thinking) and started trying to whack them off him which then resulted in Scooby thinking he had done something terrible and was being brutally punished. Poor, poor thing! Next stop the vets (which he hates) so even more torture! One injection later and he was back to his old self with lots of cuddles and treats from us!! The exterminator was in within the hour - luckily Nacho didn't get stung as he was about 9 weeks at the time and don't think he would have taken it as well as Scoobs!

Oh and in respect to Tracy's quote - Nacho does exactly the same to Scooby who is 2 years. He bites his ears and literally hangs from them. Can't believe how tolerant dogs can be!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts