I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Bertie does this thing where he'll hold my hand or wrist in his mouth (gently) and then suck :baby2: on it?? I was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on what he might be doing - I don't think he's trying to eat me lol :D - I've maybe thought perhaps he's marking me or is it a dominance thing? I probably should not let him do it but like most things they do it's just so cute :love-eyes:

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
I think he is just a mummies boy :)

Morning Clare xxx

I have no idea what he is doing, but it sounds rather cute .. :)

Bertie doesn’t come across as a dominant dog.. but hey what do I know ...

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey JoJo :D

It doesn't feel like a dominance thing and it is very cute, he usually then flops down for a cuddle and burys his head in my lap so I can ruffle his neck and ears :love-eyes:

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Is he very young? Maybe it is like a small child sucking a dummy (or in my daughter's case a Duplo man) for comfort.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Does he use his tongue? Millie, when she's not play biting, will sometimes gently mouth my fingers in her mouth, sort of rolling her tongue over the fingers. I think she's just feeling, a bit like a baby feels toys through their mouth.

Unfortunately, she'll revert to chewing on my fingers given half the chance :D

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hi Clare, just to let you know that you are not alone, maple does the exact same thing with my hand and wrist. Maple is about 4.5 months and I just put it down to a teething thing. She likes to lie on her back when she does this, and put her mouth right around my wrist and she will press her teeth down lightly, I really think that she finds it relaxing!She knows that I trust her so I am quite happy to oblige.:D xx

·
Registered
582 Posts
Thats so sweet! My mums cockapoo makes sucking sounds while she sleeps,maybe something to do with lovely memories of all that mummies milk:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts