I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I was changing my sheets and stripped my bed and fluffed my duvet and left it on the floor for a moment. When my back was turned my 2 yr old Cockapoo, Baxter peed all over it. He is fully potty trained and I can't remember the last time he had an accident. Any ideas on why he would do this and how to prevent a repeat performance.

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Hi,

I was changing my sheets and stripped my bed and fluffed my duvet and left it on the floor for a moment. When my back was turned my 2 yr old Cockapoo, Baxter peed all over it. He is fully potty trained and I can't remember the last time he had an accident. Any ideas on why he would do this and how to prevent a repeat performance.

Thanks for the help
The only thing I can think of is whether he is an intact male and was scenting. If that is why, there is only one solution that I can think of! Sorry!

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Oh ... I thought exactly the same as Helen ... Male scenting behaviour, but if he is neutered then I am puzzled ... ???

A while back my entire male .. scented up me ... yes up me ... I was bent over on the floor brushing another dog, & he scent marked me .. nice !!! I still laugh about it now ...

Sorry I can't be of much help .. but I hope I made you smile .. xx

·
Registered
606 Posts
Rascal did that a while ago - someone told me it was a dominance thing as they can scent you on the bedding !
Only happened the once - he is intact.

·
Registered
63 Posts
It must be a scenting thing. I took Tilly to my sister in laws once and she had bought a lovely new sheepskin rug...I was absoloutly mortified when Tilly peed right in the middle of it...could have died of shame!!

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Oh ... I thought exactly the same as Helen ... Male scenting behaviour, but if he is neutered then I am puzzled ... ???

A while back my entire male .. scented up me ... yes up me ... I was bent over on the floor brushing another dog, & he scent marked me .. nice !!! I still laugh about it now ...

Sorry I can't be of much help .. but I hope I made you smile .. xx
Lol lol lol that'll teach you to bend over :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts