I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Our cockapoo has always been fond of our back garden and if we leave the door open will potter around going in and out and exploring etc. Of course he also goes out for the toilet and has done for the last 3 months.

We have just been away for the long weekend with the dog and ever since we came back he WILL NOT step foot over the back door! To the point where he is now peeing in the house again :eek: of course this is becoming very worrying as I can't think why the sudden change.

To be fair the grass was very long what with the heat and rain but my other half has just mown it and still no joy.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to why this might be happening and what we could do? Obviously I want him to enjoy the garden as much as possible.

Many thanks

·
Registered
4,569 Posts
Hi it may be that your pup is just going into a fear phase, which they all do as the grow up and enter into their teenage months.
I would make sure I go out there with him, play games, have tasty treats like chicken or sausage and do so short training lessons outside. Just do your best to make going outside fun again.
Could he have come across a fox or cat or something out there that surprised him and now he is scared?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hope so! I went out onto the lawn with him yesterday and he did follow.....albeit reluctantly! Maybe he's been stung by a bee or a wasp as there's loads flying into the hedge. I'll keep coaxing him out! Thanks for the reply.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts