I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I am sure there is a lot of help out there

Once I have received my new puppy I will be asking loads of questions:)

Kind regards

Sue

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
hey welcome, what kind of cockapoo are you getting American/English (working or show) Mini/Toy girl or boy colour ?

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Hi Sue, welcome to the forum, ask away and people will try and offer you advice. Are you waiting for a pup or are you looking? Keep us informed, we love puppy news :D

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Hi Sue

fab news you are getting a new puppy, please tell us more, we love puppy news on here and we all love cockapoos xxx

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
New Puppy

Have contacted a local breeder Mum is a small brown english cocker spaniel Dad is a black toy poodle I have reserved a boy
Pups should be born 13 Sept I have the pick of the litter what should I be looking for?

These pups are raised in kennels with Mum & Dad I read in a book that it is not possible to cage train if they are kept in these conditions any advice would be appreciated

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
that wont have an efect on them being crate trained, think about dogs in resques for years in kennels and can be crate trained when rehomed, so a puppy will settle aslong as you are consistant, he wont be happy but he will settle just stick with it and dont give in.

are their alergys in the family that you need to be sure the puppy will cast the least? have you spent any time with a cockapoo to know if the family are going to have a reaction to the cockapoo.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No allergy's in the family only my Husband & I at home but we do have grandchildren that do visit every week

Have no experience with Cockapoos only seen a pup at two weeks old from last litter of the Toy Poodle with another Cocker Spaniel this litter were already sold when I went to view

Sue :)

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Like Kendal says if your wanting a curlier dog then look for a wave/kink in the coat probably not visible until at least 4 weeks. But other than that I'd just viist the pups and see who suites, do you want the confident playful one or the quiet one etc. I'd go and viist a couple of times and just see and if you cant decided then he might just choose you x

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Future Cockerpoo Owner

Hi

Not sure if I am using this site correctly please let me know if I need to do anything different I dont seem to have the same icons as most other users

I am trying to find my way round as I have never used a forum site before:confused:

I have just been to see 'Mum' today she should deliver in 10/11 days getting so excited it is like waiting for a new baby to be born:)

Any advice will be welcome:)

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
What icons do you mean? They can be added as and when.... You are doing absolutely fine on the forum - icons can be thought of later. A lot of people have pitapata banners, which give different sorts of information and are great fun, but not essential, especially in these early stages. Welcome to you, and looking forward to seeing pics of puppy later.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Ali - I know I am terrible at adding pics. I just start chattering and never get round to it. I managed one not so long ago, and I will try to attach it to my signature. I expect to have a bit more peace and quiet this week so will get one on soon. I would do it now, but have people arriving for dinner soon so better get cracking:)!

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Sue you are using the forum fine :) ... you will love it on here .. load of helpful advice from really nice cockapoo owners xxx

We will all want to see pic of your chosen pup when you go to choose.. how exciting..

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Tressa, I feel like I am being deprived when I read your posts - please can you add a photo of Teddy to your signature :D
Trying now, think I have done something - don't think it is the right size but I will get there when I get more time to study the method.:eek:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts