I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
Hope you are all well.
Buster has recently taken a dislike to his puppy food and treats. Is he simply getting too old for the puppy food and treats?
Buster is 10 months and is of normal size for his age.
Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks alot
Hannah and Buster xxx

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where would I be able to find that? Hmmmm just getting used to this site hehe :)

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Stop making me feel inferior Mandy you know I cant do that :hurt:
Yeh but I can't make my own barf - everytime I get a box out of the freezer I have visions of you mincing carcasses and lovingly steaming and grinding veggies while Wilf and Mabel cavort in the sunshine waiting for their home made dinner. All I did was copy and paste a URL...

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
10 months is a little old for him to still be on puppy food, how many times a day are you feeding him and how much.

what kind of treats are you using.

·
Banned
1,872 Posts
10 months is a little old for him to still be on puppy food, how many times a day are you feeding him and how much.

what kind of treats are you using.
I agree Kendal - by this stage we would have our big puppies on an adult feeding regime (normally from about 6 months old). We feed a BARF diet to all our dogs - once a day.
We feed at night time (as opposed to morning) - as we fell that our dogs settle easier and sleep better on a full stomach.

Stephen xx

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
I agree Kendal - by this stage we would have our big puppies on an adult feeding regime (normally from about 6 months old). We feed a BARF diet to all our dogs - once a day.
We feed at night time (as opposed to morning) - as we fell that our dogs settle easier and sleep better on a full stomach.

Stephen xx
agree, also having a hungre dog on a walk is better for recall on walks during the day (lol thei is always and exeption like my Inca lol)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all your messages.

On our food it says you should feed him this food until he is 18 months. We also spoke to the guy at the pet store (where we buy the food) and he said that he would be fine on it until 18 months. He eats dry food and not wet.

What food does your doggies eat? xxx

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
what brand is it he is on, hane what level of puppy food, some puppy foods seem to come in levels for like younger pups and different packs for older pups.

my girls are on raw meat and bones. no need to change packets from puppies to adults.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Changed Scamp from puppy to adult at 9 mths, the smaller puppy bits just meant he was like a hoover, almost sucking it up, no crunching involved !!
He now takes longer to eat it, they both have breakfast and an evening meal, with treats in between.:)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Awwww glad to hear Scamp changed foods around the same age as Buster. What food do you use? xx

1 - 15 of 15 Posts