I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you feed your cockapoo food off the table, or are they forbidden human food?

What are your thoughts on this? Does table feeding encourage bad behavior, like begging and refusal of dog food? Or can it simply be viewed as another treat?

Tell me what you think!

·
Registered
24 Posts
No i definately do not feed from the table. There is nothing worse than a dog begging or slubbering for food at the table, especially if you have company. Mine can have a small morsel in the kitchen when dinner is over but that is all as i don't encourage them to eat our food.:) I am really strict about that.

·
Administrator
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a good rule Lynn. I agree that a begging dog is very annoying, especially with company over.

In terms of what food you do give them, are they limited to what they can eat? Do you only allow them certain foods (vegetables only, no meats), or do you just give them a little taste of what you ate, no matter what is was (assuming it's dog-safe)?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yes sometimes they get a small morsel of chicken or beef never lamb or pork. Or i just give a carrot or green veg never potato.

I feed them a wheat free diet as Cockers are prone to allergies " ear infections, dry skin etc." i also feed the same to Poppy.

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
my lot never used to be baggers till i fed them from my plate, i regret it. but they aren't to bad now and most of the time i can leave a plate ON the couch or the floor and they wont go near it. only had a couple of slip ups.

but i have always made a point of making them water fore there own food so i can leave the room and they wont go for it unless i have said so. so i think that has helped a bit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts