I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!
Bella's getting older now and we haven't taught her a new trick in a while. I would like to teach her how to touch her nose to mine, but I'm not having much luck getting her to figure it out. Anyone know of a good site or video to help?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Hi Paula,

We don't have a puppy yet but have already decided that this is a trick we'd like to teach him/her. We do 'eskimos' as a couple (cheesy, I know!) and would love to do it with our dog too. If you get any advise, please share :D

Turi x

·
Banned
1,872 Posts
I wouldn't think so but you'd get a very well licked face.

The squeeze cheese is only a starting point to get the dog to go towards your nose, when it does it needs a praise and treats as well. After a while you won't need the squeeze cheese as the dog will go to sniff your nose and get praise and treats.

·
Registered
9,920 Posts
LOL! it is an easy one to teach! I did it similar to the way JD is saying, I just held a treat to the tip of my nose and said kiss. did it over and over and eventually started taking the treat away and giving it to her after she would kiss my nose, we also get her to give props by having her touch her nose to our fist and we say "bump it"

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Claire, my (sadly deceased) Bengal Hazel used to kiss my nose to. I'd just say kiss when she was in my arms and she'd rub noses with me. It was such a good feeling - I was devasted when she was hit by a car... since then we've spent a small fortune enclosing our garden.

Turi x

·
Registered
369 Posts
We taught Eddie 'touch', same principle as JD said but we used our hand - rubbed the food on hand, then as soon as he sniffed and touched the spot we used the clicker to reinforce what we were rewarding him for - after doing this a few times with the clicker you replace the click with the word 'touch'.

Really easy one to teach and bit of a favourite with the family - Eddie will touch hands, feet, elbows etc and even does it to get attention!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts