I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Anyone any advice for me. Teddy has had really loose poos for the last couple of days and today I noticed blood in there!!!!

We are feeding him what he came home with which is Royal Canin Mini Junior. He has also been having small bits of cheese as treats. Any advice?

Thanks, I am a bit worried! Teddy is 8 weeks old.

Vicky

·
Registered
509 Posts
With a pup so young I think I'd want to get him to a vet to be checked out. There is so much you miss communicating this way that a vet could instantly spot.

Meanwhile make sure he is getting plenty of fluids as a pup that young can quickly dehydrate and become very ill.

It could be something as simple as the stress of leaving the breeder to something that needs treatment but a vet will know by looks, temperature etc.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi

Yes we took him to the vets and he has antibiotics, worming powder and Kalinin. He got quite poorly and his pops went a very pink colour. He hasn't been keeping any food down but has just had some rice.

Thanks for your concern. Hope hasn't been well either (from the same litter) so I think they could have been infected before we picked him up!

Vicky

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.