I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
you could try snugglesafe heatpads as they are microwavable and stay warm all night. Also when i go camping i use the canvas travel crates and cover them with a thick blanket to keep the heat in (the smaller the better) and leave the door open. This combination with warm blankets should be sufficient :)

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I looked at those microwavable to heat snuggly toys etc when Lolly was a puppy but it says not to leave puppy alone with them if there is a chance that puppy might chew them! Well isn't there a chance that every puppy might chew them? You never know if you're puppy is going to chew something until it has :rolleyes:

·
Registered
744 Posts
I use the heatpad covers or wrap them in a blanket. I know what you mean though and *touch wood* i have never had one chewed. We use them a lot at the practice as they are easy to clean too and stay warm for a while. You can also get gorgeous teddys for them to go in- i used one of these for my litter and they loved it- Lola now has one as home and one at work (yes she is spoilt)!!

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Will my puppy be ok in an unheated conservatory throughout the winter? He has a cosy bed and blankets but it gets cold at night.
Have you got a power supply in there? if so how about getting a portable heater/radiator.

I have a portable oil filled rad that you plug in and it's brill.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, some good answers there. I can't help thinking that maybe we get a bit soft and forget they are animals? My guinea pigs live happily outside in their hutch and Bailey does have a permanent fur coat on afterall. Dogs also instinctively curl up with their head tucked in breathing warm air in to keep warm. I can't believe someone suggested pj's! :D

·
Registered
61 Posts
We're still waiting for our pup, but it was suggested to me about using a hotwater bottle wrapped in a blanket or towel in their crate (our crate is in the hallway, which will get nippy during the night) - however I was unsure as this can also be chewed? :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.