Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The weather in the South took a turn for the worse last night with
strong winds and heavy rain. Betty was OK until we put her to bed -
after about half an hour she whined and was panting a bit. I gave her
another drink and with a bit of persuation she went back to bed and off to
sleep. This morning she did not want to eat or drink and seemed a bit quieter
than usual ( not moping or anything just a little less bouncy). We got caught out in a bad thunder storm last Friday so wondered if it could be the weather
affecting her?? Has anyone else had experience of this??

·
Registered
853 Posts
YES! I'm in the South West and Nacho was a nightmare last night. The wind and rain was truly awful. I let him out as per usual in my ski jacket this morning at 6am and he refused to do his business (I think the wind freaked him out more than anything). Least I know now that he CAN hold it and doesn't have to wee on his paper before I get up!!

It got to 10am before he actually went outside and did his business! 12 hours of no wees or poohs! I think i'm grateful for this weather! Definitely a learning curve in knowing that Nacho can hold it in if he really wants to!

I'm sure he will get used to it! I hope so because Winter seems to be upon us already. There goes that Indian summer I was hoping for.

Lots of cuddles for Nacho at work today!

:)

·
Registered
147 Posts
She may not have slept well if she was stressed about the storm? My grandmother's dog never sleeps in a thunderstorm and she has a terrible time with him. She goes about calming him down in the wrong way, but I've heard that sometimes they do better in their kennel, or the bathtub, or somewhere they feel secure. There are also "thundershirts" some people swear by, and I recently read about some sort of herbal calming spray?

Hope she perks up soon!

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Dylan is very chilled about everything, but he spent most of the afternoon yesterday lying out in the garden on the patio which is really unusual. Maybe he liked the wind??

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
We still went over the field to play ball.

Monty loves the wind in his ears. :)

I was the only nutball on the field -standing there in the wind and then the rain :D

I got home and looked like I had been dragged through a hedge backwards.

Some-one tell me- Why do I bother washing and styling my hair every morning:laugh::laugh:

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My dog minder just called to tell me Betty is fine now and quote
''as bossy as ever''!!. Either the weather or just got out of bed the wrong
side:):) Another fine british summer over!!!

·
Registered
242 Posts
i too go and walk in all sorts of weather, the 1 lonesome figure in the middle of a field! if wispa is a bit woried by the weather she just sleeps on the bed more than usual :D cant beet a cockapoo cuddle!

·
Registered
369 Posts
I woke up to wind and rain so proceeded to rain proof myself and Eddie (waterproofs, wellies, winter coat!!!) and by the time we got to the end of the road the rain had stopped and the clouds starting breaking and I felt a right berk!!!

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
We still went over the field to play ball.

Monty loves the wind in his ears. :)

I was the only nutball on the field -standing there in the wind and then the rain :D

I got home and looked like I had been dragged through a hedge backwards.

Some-one tell me- Why do I bother washing and styling my hair every morning:laugh::laugh:
Haha! That's why I dont bother with mine! Three school runs a day and now doggy walks I am glad I have a low maintenance do! :D

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Awful weather in Suffolk today also. Kids are back to school tomorrow so it will no doubt be raining at school run time.. :(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts