I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted for help yesterday about Sami's diarrhea and Kendal suggested chicken and rice. We tried yesterday evening and he gobbled every morsel and was eager for more! That night before bedtime he had a simi solid poo and NO poo in cage overnight. This morning his poo was solid . . . Thank you so much for your help and all the comments. We will see from here . . I mixed his regular food and chicken and rice this morning, hopefully he will regulate, if not we will need to change his dry dog food. I have seen the initials JWT (may be wrong order) as being a popular puppy food, but do not recognize the brand? May not be exact initials, anybody recognize this brand that can tell me the name in case I have to change? Thanks again for all your advise.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Ah so good Sami's getting back to normal. Chicken and rice is the best. Nacho would have that everyday if he could! Not sure on the food...maybe James Wellbeloved Food? Do you want to stick to kibble or are you looking to add meat too? Nacho is on nature's diet and burns chicken and rice biscuits (never changed his kibble from when he was weaned as he's always enjoyed it. I added meat to give him a bit of variety. xx

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think i would like to keep him on dry food if possible for now . . will save the chicken and rice for bad tummy days, that was magic!! He loves eating and hasent been picky so far . . so will integrate kibbles (blue buffalo) again and if he begins runny poo again we will change to something else. He loved the chicken so much I may use nibbles of that to encourage walking on the pavement of the road . . he puts on brakes at the end of the yard and refuses to step onto the road!! Even if I pick him up and walk 10 feet then put him down he pulls and strains for the grass again. I think I waited to long for an introduction to pavement, so the chicken treats may do the trick! You have all taught (and continue to teach) me so much and I am so very grateful!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.