I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
Obi, Roo & Poppy
4,183 Posts
Colin, I love it! Betty is so funny, she really want Ted to play with her. Bless her! They are prefect for each other. Will be so interesting to see if the dynamic changes as he gets bigger...

By the way, out of interest, how much has Betty been itching since Ted's arrival?

·
Registered
744 Posts
Ahh, Betty so wants him to go and play on the grass!! He seems to get half way and then forget where he is going!! Lovely video colin- I had Lola and 3 puppies sat here listening! :D

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Katie

The steps up to the lawn are still a bit of a challenge...he can do it but sometimes he just cant be bothered to make the effort!!

Clare

Still itching but forgets to have her leg nibbling session first thing in the morning as the action is really full on!!

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My dog sitter came round today..she is still convinced a lot of it is habit/excitment...Betty had been quite good today but as soon as she came in and Betty got excited she started to scratch...same thing happened when I visited Betty whilst she was at Sarah's so who knows...i'm just trying not to get so stressed about it these days. I am awaiting results of the blood allergy testing I had done last Friday so will be interesting to see what(if anything ) that shows...this is the final thing to try so after that I am just going to have to accept that she is just an itchy dog!!

·
Registered
Obi, Roo & Poppy
4,183 Posts
My dog sitter came round today..she is still convinced a lot of it is habit/excitment...Betty had been quite good today but as soon as she came in and Betty got excited she started to scratch...same thing happened when I visited Betty whilst she was at Sarah's so who knows...i'm just trying not to get so stressed about it these days. I am awaiting results of the blood allergy testing I had done last Friday so will be interesting to see what(if anything ) that shows...this is the final thing to try so after that I am just going to have to accept that she is just an itchy dog!!
Good luck with the test results, colin, let us know. Perhaps that's it....you just have to ignore it and try not worry about it. If she's not hurting herself and is generally well then so be it. I think you've tried so hard to fix it and there's not a lot more you can do.

·
Registered
8,349 Posts
Think that sounds like a good plan Colin ... like Clare said if she is not in pain or hurting herself, then what will be will be .. just a habit maybe ???!!!!

I just hope having Ted around and keeping her busy that she may do it less and less until she eventually stops .. that would be wonderful :)

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Think that sounds like a good plan Colin ... like Clare said if she is not in pain or hurting herself, then what will be will be .. just a habit maybe ???!!!!

I just hope having Ted around and keeping her busy that she may do it less and less until she eventually stops .. that would be wonderful :)
Yes thats what I keep having to tell myself....

Hopefully with Ted and growing up and not being so excitable may all help...I hope so....i have tried everything for my little bbk

·
Registered
575 Posts
Betty is such a Tease - finding a toy to entice Ted - then saying "chase me, chase me" in doggy talk! It is honestly exactly how Treacle was with Clyde - she teased him all of the time - now it is the other way round - poor treacle wants to rest and he won't leave her alone!
must be the best thing you have done Colin?
Keep the photos and videos coming - just love them x

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Betty is such a Tease - finding a toy to entice Ted - then saying "chase me, chase me" in doggy talk! It is honestly exactly how Treacle was with Clyde - she teased him all of the time - now it is the other way round - poor treacle wants to rest and he won't leave her alone!
must be the best thing you have done Colin?
Keep the photos and videos coming - just love them x
Early days but am loving having two...it just nice Betty has another dog to tease instead of me!!! I wonder if the tables will turn with my two...Betty is and always has been a little firecracker....Ted is soooo much calmer!!! Time wil tell:)

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Awww Colin, their such a delight to watch. Betty seems to be very excited & pleased to have a Play pal. She's very patient with him. Can't wait for another Cockapoo meet when we can meet Ted:) Enjoy them, two are fab!
Hi Sue,

There is another meet at Ashridge this weekend which we intend to go to...but perhaps a bit far for you..otherwise we will have to arrange another meet at the lookout x

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.