I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Arthur is a digger - he loves soil, dirt, grass, grit, leaves i could go on...... he is also a cream/beige colour! I could bath him every other day he gets that filthy - he gets brushed every night but I was wondering how often do you bath your dogs?

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
I have the same problem and asked this question previously - it seems more than once a Month is not good as it strips their natural oils. I struggle to
hold out this long as my dog is also beige /white - I also have a dog walker
that 'just likes to let them play' regardless of how muddy they get!!

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
I am struggling to hold out that long with Daisy as she likes rolling in very smelly stuff! :eek: I have thought about trying out a spray (doggy friendly, PAH) to get rid of the smell instead of bathing! :)

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
With having 2 and Mable hating being bathed i dont feel like I bath as often I used to ... I think its probably pushing up to 6 weeks unless there is a specific reason. Thats probably why Wilf is fine he got bathed more often and his legs rinsed regularly x

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hi,
I've just bought some Pet Head 'Dry' shampoo. Not sure why it's called Dry shampoo because it's wet!! But I guess it's because you don't have to wash it out. Anyway, it smells lovely and made Kipper all nice and fresh!! It made it very easy to brush out the dirt from her legs.
Could be what you need?

Pip X

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
I'm sure on a previous thread it was said to be ok to bath more often if you use doggy shampoo that doesn't strip oils out :confused:

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
It not cos of oils etc that I dont ... its just hard work lol ... Mable hates it, she's very feline when it comes to bathing and Wilf takes so long to dry x

·
Registered
242 Posts
ive just watched a groomer on the shopping channel idealworld and she said it ok to wash dogs as often as they need it just make sure you use a good quality shampoo that is the right PH balance for a dog. she also had a rotti xpoodle cross that was just like a cockapoo but HUGE lol :D

·
Registered
606 Posts
I have always bathed mine when they need it, and inbetween they go to the groomers !
I use Johnsons baby shampoo as its very mild and smells nice !:)
Scamp loves the bath and whines as soon as he hears the taps running, he's even jumped in without water :D

·
Banned
1,872 Posts
Tropiclean dog shampoo..and conditioner....and detangle spray doesn't have any soap or detergent in it and will not strip the oils from the dogs coat, it won't wash off the spot-on flea treatment, makes the coat in fab condition and smells lush and you can wash your dog as much or as little as you like. You get it from r&lpetproducts.co.uk

·
Registered
897 Posts
Cara is a digger much to my horror ... My poor garden ... Will the Camelia live through her antics never mind the winter!!!

Anyway, like Stephen says we use Tropiclean and its great she gets a shower about once per week/ every 10 days and like Stephen's Yogi, Cara is mostly white and brown.

Kirsty xx

·
Registered
322 Posts
Dog shampoo has come on leaps and bounds.
It used to be little better than washing up liquid and did upset the hair condition.
Nowadays it's a well researched and developed segment Market just like the shampoos we use.
Not sure about the rest of you but I wash my hair everyday!
And there is a following that if u leave human hair, it becomes naturally clean.
However I wash my girls at least once every two weeks. It keeps eau de fox poo at bay and at least a half kilo of mud out the house.
It's all personal choice but do trust the good products wont harm your dog.
Oatmella for mine, smells like bubblegum, and removes some of those rolled in smells!!

·
Registered
853 Posts
Nacho has a bath every other week and sometimes weekly. It's not that I even want him in the bath. He is just too eager to join me when i am having a peaceful moment (I do not let this happen) I'm cockapoo mad but I have to draw the line somewhere! He jumps in, I have to jump out. FUN FUN FUN! I use a doggy shampoo and his skin is always great and fur always seems to be beautiful and shiny!

·
Registered
858 Posts
We have showered Luna every weekend since getting her, using the tropiclean products, and the dirt that comes off her!! We find it not only cleans her, softens her coat and makes her smell nice but it also gets rid of any little knots she may have had so we don't need to groom her as often. Not sure we'll keep it up as she gets older but it's weekly for us at the moment..

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks to all, will be getting the tropiclean oatmella and the 'dry shampoo' as i think i will be dunking Arthur often!!!
Will get picture of him on my profile as soon as I work out how!!
Thanks again x

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
I have just bathed Izzy using my new Pethead shampoo - bought it half price in TKMaxx - still cost twice as much as mine!
She smells lovely and is all soft again (it's been 2 weeks - long time for her) oh, and her coat hadn't darkened to chocolate after all :D

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
I'm glad this thread came up again.. Betty will definatley be getting more baths now Iv'e read it is ok to do so..:). Pet head smells are great...

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Tropiclean dog shampoo..and conditioner....and detangle spray doesn't have any soap or detergent in it and will not strip the oils from the dogs coat, it won't wash off the spot-on flea treatment, makes the coat in fab condition and smells lush and you can wash your dog as much or as little as you like. You get it from r&lpetproducts.co.uk
Please could you let me know which 'flavour' is shampoo is best? Thank you. x

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Millie gets bathed about every two weeks and I use Johnsons No Tangle Baby Shampoo, really helps with the matting.

In between if she gets dirty legs/paws I rinse in just water. Or if she rolls in fox poo:eek: I just wash and shampoo that area and if need be a touch or Channel afterwards :D Then she smells just like her mummy :D:D:D:

·
Registered
720 Posts
I bath my two when they need it. Being black they don't show up the muck, but they do roll around in some smelly stuff from time to time. I use baby shampoo.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts