I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a year ago, we were out back playing with Ben. One of Ben's favorite games is to chase him. He loves it when he has a toy in his mouth, but he loves to be chased even without a toy.

Well, this particular day, we were chasing him around, unaware that he had a stone in his mouth! As we're chasing him, he suddenly stops. He just stands there looking at us. Later on that night he begins throwing up. It continues through the next day. After a couple vet visits, we and the vet decide to take him to the animal ER. They took an x-ray and it turned out he swallowed the stone while we were chasing him. Needless to say, we felt awful about this.

Ben had to get surgery to get the stone removed. He went through the survey well, and recovery went very smoothly. We still felt so bad because we had no idea he had the stone in his mouth and had we known we wouldn't have chased him (and he wouldn't have swallowed it).

Needless to say, that was a very expensive stone. :eek:

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
Haha Inca did that one but it was a dummy teat that she had chewed i think in America you call them a child's pacifier. anyway she swallowed the rubber bit that the baby sucks on. it got lodged in her small intestine and wouldn't budge. she was 5 and a half months old and it was exactly a week after she was spayed.

we were glad we were insured.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Oreo, the Massuse.
My back went out one Easter morning and I dropped to the floor. Scared me because I could not reach the phone for help. Oreo grabbed my thumb and tried to pull me up on the bed. I did manage to call for help, and my friend came over. I made it downstairs. She laid me on the couch and began to apply a heat pack to my back and gently rub the small of my back. When the spasm eased she left. I am laying on my stomach and the spasm returns. I start to cry because it hurt so bad. Oreo, gets up on the couch, get to the small of my back, and with his front paws starts pressing on my back like my friend was. He was watching her. The spasm did go away.....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Kemdal, I had to look at your location. You charmed me by calling my Oreo a "we dog". I knew it have to be someone from scottland or somewhere over in that area. I love It. Such a beautiful country!

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
lol sorry, i still forget, im just so uded to calling anything little 'wee' i dont even think about it when im typing.

i just think it is such a spetal story. you should defonetly teach her to go fetch the phon or anything like that incase she cant help with you back, as she is obviasly very clever and very intuitive.

·
Registered
22 Posts
My Oreo is such a funny styled dog. He thinks fetch is something mommy does. I throw the ball and he will run to it. play with it then sit down and wait for me to come and get it to throw it again. He watches the other dogs in the park play fetch and he really is not interested. I am going to have him tested for service training though, if he is not too old.

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
how old is he, i dont think their is an early age limmit. you have to let us know how he gets on.

for the fetch try it in the house show him a treat and the ball or toy get him to play with the toy then release it to you and give him the treat, then work up to getting him to go after the toy so he brings it back to you so he can get the treat.

this could even work with a tugger toy, as his reward is that if he brings it back he gets a gamr of tugg.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I will try that. I wish I could post a video of him with his sleepy toy. When he was younger, I would hold him in my arms and pat him till he fell to sleep. Well I noticed that now that he is older, and heavier, that he will curl up with his toy leopard and put his paws around it. And if you watch carefully you will notice that he is petting the toy like I did him until he falls to sleep. I finally caught it on tape but dont know how to get it off... Too cute.

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
i know what you mean, i have videos of Echo in the snow when she was like 3 months and i cant get them off the disk.

that is so cutewould be fab to see it if you ever get it off. Inca and Echo suckle in their sleep, and Gypsy and Echo have twitchy feet when they sleep.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts