I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Obi, Roo & Poppy
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the ball obsession has been hit by a serious blip. The favoured yellow ball was grabbed by a Border Terrier who wouldn't give it back until it had been throughly destroyed! :eek:hno:

I tried Obi with a replacement tennis ball today and he chased after it but then always left it. I think it's a weight/texture thing. I can't even remember where I got the yellow ball? Not even sure it was a proper dog ball as it was seriously punctured.....

I certainly know what Obi would want for Christmas! Can't decide whether to indulge him and search for a similar ball or try to leave off balls for a while.

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
lol one reason wh you should buy two, i now have lots of the balls that echo likes as evey now and then se looses one. but even then i can pic out 3 and she will pick the same one every time even if they are all the same colour and i mix them about. they know what they like.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Well the ball obsession has been hit by a serious blip. The favoured yellow ball was grabbed by a Border Terrier who wouldn't give it back until it had been throughly destroyed! :eek:hno:

I tried Obi with a replacement tennis ball today and he chased after it but then always left it. I think it's a weight/texture thing. I can't even remember where I got the yellow ball? Not even sure it was a proper dog ball as it was seriously punctured.....

I certainly know what Obi would want for Christmas! Can't decide whether to indulge him and search for a similar ball or try to leave off balls for a while.
I have got some great balls from Sainsburys that are quite hard and you can throw them a long way and they come in yellow :)

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Can you recommend how to keep them interested in the ball? Pushca chases and brings for say two throws but then loses interest and she goes on her sniffathon...
Do you treat her with something yummy when she brings the ball back? Vary when she gets a treat too so she'll keep interested. With Flo it would be after 1 throw, then 3 throws, then 2 throws, then 4 throws in a random pattern. Or you can attach a ball to some fine training line and pull it around to activate the ball and develop their chase instinct and ball interest - something I'm doing with Remy to teach her to chase and retrieve a ball.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Poor Obi. Clare you'll have to try your best to get a replacement.

Millie's favourite ball is her 'cry ball', its a very soft viynl, small yellow squeaky football. One day it will be no more and I'm already trying to find a replacement. Its made by Good Boy, but try as I might I can't find a replacement :(

·
Registered
Obi, Roo & Poppy
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'll second that- i have millions of these! Also the squeaker can be removed with a little fiddling and fingernails so much less annoying but still functional!!!
Ah yes, the squeaker has been the reason I haven't tried these balls! That's good to know. Are they the right size ball for a standard ball chucker?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.