I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All - wow, life's a bit more hectic with 2 puppies!!!

Picked up Daisy yesterday. After a couple of hours at home with Poppy fiercely defending her territory and family, we thought we had made a big mistake. Poppy then howled on and off through the night as she had to share her crate (divided off for Daisy), and she was the one I had to get up to and settle down! Daisy on the other hand slept fine in her section.

However, after a day at home with Daddy supervising, the girls are getting along much better. Poppy is learning how to share (begrudgingly) and is now just edging past 'tolerating' Daisy and is letting her sleep by her side. She loves playing, but is a bit too rough at times and has to be reminded to be gentle. Daisy however is not a puppy to be messed with. In the space of 24 hours she has turned into 'Scrappy Doo'. She now gives as good as she gets, and was chasing Poppy round the garden barking (sorry - squeaking hilariously). Panicked after a particularly rough and tumble scrap between them when I saw a smear of blood on Daisy's back, but it turned out to be Poppy that had a nipped lip!

All in all, we may not have made a mistake after all as they are currently fast asleep next to each other under my chair - happy days....:)

Attachments

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Oooh Michelle she's a beauty and the picture of Poppy is lovely as well, hope you still make Leeds. Just like Wilf he cried til 2.30 on Mables first night and she was fine. They'll be fine and so good for each x x x

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Oh bless them, so sweet - Daisy is very like her Gorgeous Brother. Hope they settle down together and Poppy has a better night. :)

·
Registered
720 Posts
They look great together, loverly contrast.
We though we had made a mistake at first as well. Poppy just didn't want to know and would get on the couch or the top of the stairs to get away from Rosie, but now they are inseparable.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Oh wow she is so like George, she is adorable. My friend got a cockapoo puppy a couple of years ago and had an older dog, took a few days to settle but now inseperable x

·
Registered
573 Posts
What a lovely pair - how grown up Poppy looks despite being a puppy herself - I am sure that the shock will turn to Joy when she realises what fun she can have with her playmate!
The photos are fab !

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They are currently play fighting next to me. Poppy has discovered that Daisy squeaks like a toy when provoked, so we have had 'little miss squeaky' for the past 10 minutes. Very funny this morning - Poppy was going bananas as Daisy had pinched her pigs ear and disappeared under the bench that Poppy is now too big to get under!

·
Registered
Obi, Roo & Poppy
4,159 Posts
Michelle it's so nice to read how they are getting on. They will be best friends before you know it. Great pics too, doesn't Poppy look so big next to Daisy now? You're brave lady just going for it like that but a smart one I reckon :) Daisy really is delightful (and delicious!).

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Clare - still debating whether I'm brave or stupid......depends on whether they are scrapping or asleep together. Still a bit hit and miss - Daisy just tried to snuggle up on the dog bed and Poppy growled at her!

Kids adore Daisy as she is so small - they didn't get to see Poppy that size as she was 10 and half weeks when we got her and considerably chunkier. I don't think Daisy will be anywhere near the size of my Poppy monster, but that's probably a good thing.

Gave Daisy her first bath tonight (shower with me actually) and she had a lovely snuggle and blow dry with my hubby after - he is besotted too, but would never admit it!

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
AWWWW flower girls! I hope they are the best of friends in no time!!! keep me posted as I so want another one!

·
Registered
Obi, Roo & Poppy
4,159 Posts
Thanks Clare - still debating whether I'm brave or stupid......depends on whether they are scrapping or asleep together. Still a bit hit and miss - Daisy just tried to snuggle up on the dog bed and Poppy growled at her!

Kids adore Daisy as she is so small - they didn't get to see Poppy that size as she was 10 and half weeks when we got her and considerably chunkier. I don't think Daisy will be anywhere near the size of my Poppy monster, but that's probably a good thing.

Gave Daisy her first bath tonight (shower with me actually) and she had a lovely snuggle and blow dry with my hubby after - he is besotted too, but would never admit it!
Brave and smart! I can't wait for my second baby....I have to keep telling myself... be patient...the time will come (I'm so crap at waiting). Seeing all the puppy pics is hard. Obi and Poppy seems so grown up already compared to them :(

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I know - I keep forgetting Poppy is still a puppy too, but there is such a size difference I find myself expected her to be 'all grown up' when really she just wants to play!

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Flower girls that sounds lovely... Wilf would play and play with Mable but would often grrr at her in an evening when he'd just had enough and just wanted to sit on his own. Daisy is lucky to have a big sister. Has bed time calmed down for Poppy?
Clare and Amanda be patient you'll get your babies soon cos you know once you've seen a cockapoo you want one and once you've got one you want two x

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
They seem to be sleeping much better together - even had a little snuggle in their dog bed tonight. I am still keeping the divider in the cage for a while, just because I can't keep watch whilst snoozing myself!

Daisy just needs to grow quickly so I'm not so worried that Poppy will squash her - still a bit rough when playing. Think she is going to be a dinky one though.

·
Registered
369 Posts
They both look lovely and I'm sure they will be fine - makes me want another even more when I look at your pics - gorgeous x

1 - 19 of 19 Posts