The Karma system is a points system used to reward good posts. If someone makes a useful or otherwise good post, you can show your appreciation by giving Karma. Here's how it works:
- For the post you wish to award Karma points, find the button above the post that looks like a balance or scales.
- When you click that button, a box will appear. You can choose when you "Approve" or "Disapprove" of the post. Obviously, if you approve, it will reward positive Karma points. If you disapprove, it will give negative Karma points (or take away Karma points). You can also leave a note that will go along with your Karma points. The person who made the post will then receive notification of the points awarded.
- You can also use that button on your own posts to see if your post has received any Karma points. If you click that button on one of your own posts, a box will pop up telling you whether or not the post has received points, as well as how many points you have total.
- To see Karma you've received, go to your User CP. There should be a list on the main page.
- How many points you give out at a time is known as Rep Power. This is displayed above your posts.
- You gain one rep power point for the following conditions:
- 1 point for every 365 days registered
- 1 point for every 1000 posts you make
- 1 point for every 100 Karma points you receive
- You must have 25 posts before you can award points. If you have less than 25 points, you can still use the Karma system, but you will award your recepients 0 points.
- You can only give out Karma points 10 times per day.
- You must give Karma to 10 different people before you can give to the same member again. So for example, if I give Karma to member X, I must give Karma to 10 other people before I can give Karma to member X again.