I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since Treacle was 5 months old, I have thought she is coming into season until now!
She is definitely in season now as her vulva is very swollen and she is bleeding .
Silly question but is the bleeding day one of 3 weeks of being in season or is the bleeding a sign that she is in the middle?
Thanks for your help....

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Daisy has not long finished hers. I took the bleeding to be day 1. Her bleeding lasted for the whole three weeks but her season continued for another three. Two weeks ago it was 6 weeks since the start of it and she was still attracting attention! Not all sesons are text book.

·
Registered
102 Posts
It's tricky I agree, I've also taken the first sight of bleeding to be day 1 and can last up to 21days. First week: coming into season, week 2 on heat and week 3 coming out of season. I've kept my 2 on leads the whole 21days just in case;-) it's not as bad as I thought tho am having them both spayed.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Daisy has not long finished hers. I took the bleeding to be day 1. Her bleeding lasted for the whole three weeks but her season continued for another three. Two weeks ago it was 6 weeks since the start of it and she was still attracting attention! Not all sesons are text book.
Trust Daisy to still be attracting attention 6 weeks later! Betty barely turned another dogs head the whole of her season!!!!

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
I know, what is she like?! :rolleyes: We had a male Cockapoo for the night who couldn't leave her alone and then Shirley's Monty was following her around at the Cockapoo meet a couple of weeks ago!That was after six weeks from the first day of spotting!

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Ahh Treacle is growing up :)

Have a read here all about Honeys season and more info on bitches in season :)

http://www.mydogslife.co.uk/2011/09/27/honeys-split-season/

http://www.mydogslife.co.uk/2011/09/02/a-bitches-season/

Oh and dont forget to keep her away from entire males dogs :) as you know Oakley became frustrated living in the same house as Honey, even when they werent keep in the same rooms ... great news though Oakley for xmas ... he has been with my parents for 3 long months and although his frustration settled very quickly, he was a little grumpy for a while, however the best xmas pressie I could have was to be told Oakley is back to his fun loving self .. ho ho ho and he is :) I am thrilled .... I have had lots of professional advice, including advice from all my friends on here, so thank you all so much ... xxx

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Amazing news Jojo! You must be over the moon.

Will Oakley be returning to yours in the New Year?

Turi x
Oh Turi as you can imagine I am sooo thrilled ..

My parents have asked me for ages if they can keep him and I have been umming and ahhing ... but after much thought and lots of advice .. I have decided to let Oakley live with my parents .. I have two girls here therefore we will be having four seasons a year, Oakley is still young and shall we say up for it :S so it will be better for him to stay in one home, I dont want to send him away each time my girls season, it is not fair on him or me ... I broke my heart when he left here ... he is loved and still very much part of my life and always will be ....

My parents always wanted a JoJo bred puppy .. instead they have Oakley .. they are so lucky :) :) :)

·
Registered
390 Posts
Awwwww jojo that's brilliant news about oakley! As I think I've told u before he is one of my favourites on here, so glad he is doing better and has found his happy place. Ur mum and dad have been great, lucky Oakley and lucky mum and dad! Emma x

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.