I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
We just lost of best friend, a cross between a Shih Tzu and Bichon, to cancer. We had 11 wonderful amazing years with him! He was the best little dog ever! He was totally focussed on us...a happy Forever puppy that just wanted to be with us, out for a drive, a walk or snuggling on the couch! He became our therapy dog too ...whenever he sensed we were stressed, he'd get in our face until we relaxed...amazing companion!! We would adopt the same cross breed if we could find a reputable breeder, but we've not had any luck finding one.

We were told to consider the mini Cockapoos or the mini Australian Labradoodle. They both look adorable and they sound like they have wonderful temperaments
1. Wondering if someone could help me understand the difference between these 2, so I can make the right choice.
2. can anyone recommend a reputable breeder of mini cockapoos, in South Western Ontario?

Thank you

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
I would expect Cockapoo or labradoodle to both be far higher in energy and therefore naughty levels and exercise requirements than a shih tzu or bichon which is fine if that is what up you are after but best to go in with eyes open.

The fact the mini labradoodle are neutered at such young ages (at least here they are) would put me off I am afraid as I am not convinced that is at all in the best interests of the dog. Otherwise they are similar sizes and energy - but as they are a cross you can end up with a larger dog so beware if size is also important to you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi 2ndhandgirl

Thanks for your insights! I've decided to put my name on a waiting list to adopt a mini Cockapoo ... yay! I found a good breeder at Legacy Cockapoos .... Now I have to wait for a few months until her dogs have puppies.

In the meantime, I'll have to get my puppy fix at dog parks ;)

Cheers

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you would still like someone to meet for dog walks in the Portishead area please let me know.

I have a 1 year old called Biscuit and he would love the company of another equally friendly cockapoo!

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you would still like someone to meet for dog walks in the Portishead area please let me know.
I have a 1 year old called Biscuit and he would love the company of another equally friendly cockapoo!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts